On the theism/atheism scale, where do you stand?

Just wondering. I'm a 6.

(I'm using "god" because I don't want to clutter the poll with alternatives. If you're polytheistic or something else, use the god option as well.)

• 1 — I'm 100% certain there is a god
  • 2 — I can't be 100% certain that there is a god, but I believe in one and live my life on the assumption that they exist
  • 3 — I'm more of a theist, but I'm not sure
  • 4 — I don't know
  • 5 — I'm more of an atheist, but I'm not sure
  • 6 — I can't be 100% certain that there is no god, but I don't believe in one and live my life on the assumption that they don't exist
  • 7 — I'm 100% certain there is no god
This scale is based on Richard Dawkins' spectrum of theistic probability but it's not exactly the same I guess, I wrote it from my head. en.wikipedia.org/.../Spectrum_of_theistic_probability
Except for one person all religious people voted 1. How are you so sure? Not trolling, I'm just wondering.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not sure. But things are so messed up. I don't care if there is. What did it ever do once things started heating up?

I live my life the best I can and don't think twice about it.

Most Helpful Guy

• 1, I know there is one, but I don't rule out science. I love science, technology, biology, chemistry, and just about every geek thing you can name.
    Physics too.

• What makes you so certain that there is one? This'll sound like trolling but that's not my intention, I've never really been religious, my parents are agnostic — do you sense something or what? Is it a feeling?

• You're 14. You've got a lot of years to hear a lot of things, bro.
      It'll crack you up!! :D

What Girls Said 6

• I'm a 6. I was raised Christian as a child and still have some doubts that I'm doing the right thing by being an atheist. I don't believe that God exists but, seeing so many people who do and knowing how many beliefs and discoveries that we have been wrong about before, I know that I can't truthfully say that I'm 100% convinced God doesn't exist.

• I'm 100% certain that there is no such thing as a god. Just look at the world around you and you'll see why.

• 100% atheist

• I would say that but I can't prove that there is no god of some sorts. I don't think any of the gods humans worship exist, but it's always possible that some kind of deity exists because we have no proof of any side, although to me it sounds like bullshit.

• I rank at 1

• I put 6 but it depends how you define God

I believe in universal consciousness which could potentially be seen as a kind of pantheism, maybe. But I don't think of it as God, I think of it as a separate concept, more like the Anglo Saxon idea of the Web of the Wyrd

• I'm at a 4.

What Guys Said 10

• how about an option for i don't care. if there is a god then fine and if not then fine. why should i have to care?

• If that is all you think of it you'd be a 4.

• not necessarily. i don't know indicates an interest which is something i don't have. i don't have the energy or interest in arguing about something that no one actually knows. there's a term called apatheist which is what i will agree to.

• Voted for 6, although I was almost tempted to vote for 7! :P

• I voted for 6. I don't believe in a higher power but I have no idea if any exist or not. Until there's anything conclusive I keep admitting that I don't know and have no reason to believe.

• I'm 100% certain that religions are all B. S. As to the possibility of a creator, I've no idea.

• The problem with humans being convinced of anything is that we tend to self-convince ourselves we are right, and then spend the rest of our lives that way. We surround ourselves with entire communities that agree with us. Overall, religion is not much of a problem if you can set up a barrier between religion and government and take away all the political power and decision making from religion.

• I voted B.

• I don't currently believe, but I would be open to new evidence

• i'm in 100% denial of a God.

• I am a total Atheist. And don't give me that do I believe in air crap it's a very weak argument.

• It's not something I pay attention to but I don't 100 percent rule out god but it's close to it.