Is it weird that I want to be older?

I'm 19, but I'm wishing that I was 21 already so I can feel less like a little kid (and go to more events) and so I could have wine at elegant dinners instead of a sprite. So I mostly just want to feel less like a "sweet young girl". Obviously, I'm not asking for help on how to speed up the clock and skip from 19 to 21 (although that would be lovely), I mostly just want to know how to change my attitude. It might also be good to note that I am "the baby", not just of my siblings, but of all my cousins. And even when I'm in group functions such as plays or even just class, I'm always the youngest person there and it's always so frustrating! Any thoughts on how to change my attitude?

Most Helpful Guy

• You know I always wished I was older too. I didn't like all the immature relationships people went through, all the stupid conversations guys had. It was so hard for me to make friends, because I wanted to talk about politics, the stock market, and current events, while other guys wanted to talk about sex, girls, food, and football. I wished the people around me were more mature so that I could relate more to them. And you know what? I am 25 now and they are still immature, still talk about sex, girls, food, and football, and still annoy me so I have realized I wished away my teenage years for nothing. Perhaps you are doing the same thing, and while I won't tell you not to (because I did the same thing), I will say that when you are older you will wish you were younger, and we can't just keep wishing our lives away, we have to settle on our age and embrace it, because otherwise we aren't going to live life to the fullest.

Most Helpful Girl

• We all go through that.

What Guys Said 2

• it's a pretty common wish among teenagers, actually. But don't worry, it won't be long until you are in your 30's, wishing you could go back to being 19.

• Well do you look older or younger than your age?

Because I'm 18 but look 16 and don't get any respect. I don't wish I was older, I wish I looked older!

What Girls Said 1

• no that's not weird I'm 25 and I don't like being older or like to be older I like to look young and act young