GAGers: What is something you like about the USA, What is something you don't?

I personally like the Food, the tourist attractions, and scenery. I however don't like some of our foregin policies and how we tend to butt into other countries affairs when our government needs to clean up its own acts.

Most Helpful Girl

• What I like: American candy/ patisserie, tv shows, fun people, LA.
    What I don't like: Colleges are really expensive, even community colleges, and the guy who verbally abused me lives in America. I definitely don't want to encounter him if I ever visit.

• definitely true about colleges and you have to get help to go and owe thousands in loans

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the variety, quality of life, and states with different laws. I also like how the people are more positive, but sometimes they can be a little too friendly and invade your personal space. I also hate how the national identity is dead, and people all just want to be coddled and expect the government to do everything for them now. Americans can be spoiled.

I love the scenery. It's great for outdoorsmen. I do wish we we had castles, though!

• very true about the expectation of our govt to do everything for us

• It's natural evolution, unfortunately. All the great generations were great because they had to be. Wars give you a common enemy to unite against. They give you perspective. Most of us were born in a generation where the U. S. was already on top on had no significant external problems. I think that was part of the motivation to start that ill-advised war. But that failed for obvious reasons.

We're experiencing now what the Romans did in the late republic.

What Girls Said 6

• What I like: The movies, the science and technology, the landscape
    What I don't like: The politics and racism specially towards black people and middle easterns ( Arabs)

• I really haven't seen that much against Arabs where I come from in the US

• There are a lot of Arabs/ Indians here there's really not much discrimination against them as other races

• That's very reassuring to hear then haha ^^

• 0|2
  • I would like the diversity of US. I would not like the all sugar food though. I have never been to US and that's the reason I us "Would".

• I like the salaries ;) lol don't like how cold some people are in big cities esp

• Definitely the food.

• I like the restaurants because they have food :)

What Guys Said 7

• What I like: The cities. The people. The patriotism (yes, I do like how Americans are proud of being Americans), the diversity, not just in races but in cultures and sub-cultures. The sport. The way Americans have fun. The accent. The freedom. The weather (I know it varies, but I'm talking in general). Guns.

What I don't like: The extra sensitivity to some things (like race or religion). The overly religious people. How easy it is to get a gun.

• It is true everyone says America is the great melting pot. The gun laws need overhaul too, I'm not against ownership, I just think we need the make the process a little more secure and trustworthy

• I'm all in favor of gun ownership, I like guns (even though I've never shot one), but there needs to be a more secure and trustworthy process to get hold of them, like you said.
      I come from a country where you can't go around with a gun, and I know most people there don't like the fact that you can have guns in America, but I actually like that.

• Things I like

That Apple stuff is so much cheaper in the USA than many other countries I think.

The idea of living in California or going on holiday to Florida or Hawaii.

The tourist attractions as well as you do.

Some of the funny comedy movies.

Things I don't like

That so many people own guns and as a result of this the number of shootings is just out of hand and that gun laws are not way stricter.

The suing culture.

The way the healthcare system works.

I don't like how SOME people in the USA think they are the best country in the world and everyone else in the world should live like them. I know that is NOT all people in the USA.

• I also dont like the suing and healthcare systems. and the arrogance that people think we are better.

• Things I like:

Positivity
    Freedom of expression
    Food
    Literature from Mark Twain to John Steinbeck
    The Rockies

Things I don't like

The second amendment
    Lack of healthcare provision for the underprivilaged
    The economic disparity between rich and poor
    Religious revivalism
    Donald trump

• We do have great lit. And wonderful mountains from The Rockies to the Appalachians. I don't like the class divide and lack of healthcare for underprivileged either

• I like the way they will put you up and look after you when you visit.
    Dislike, I find some very loud.

• I like the people, the cities, the food, the diversity and lots of other things.

I don't like having to pay tax when I buy things over there...

• Buffets dude

• Definitely them burgers