GAGers: What is something you like about the USA, What is something you don't?

I personally like the Food, the tourist attractions, and scenery. I however don't like some of our foregin policies and how we tend to butt into other countries affairs when our government needs to clean up its own acts.

0|0
7|8

Most Helpful Girl

• What I like: American candy/ patisserie, tv shows, fun people, LA.
    What I don't like: Colleges are really expensive, even community colleges, and the guy who verbally abused me lives in America. I definitely don't want to encounter him if I ever visit.

0|1
    0|0
    • definitely true about colleges and you have to get help to go and owe thousands in loans

Most Helpful Guy

• I like the variety, quality of life, and states with different laws. I also like how the people are more positive, but sometimes they can be a little too friendly and invade your personal space. I also hate how the national identity is dead, and people all just want to be coddled and expect the government to do everything for them now. Americans can be spoiled.

I love the scenery. It's great for outdoorsmen. I do wish we we had castles, though!

0|1
    0|0
    • very true about the expectation of our govt to do everything for us

• It's natural evolution, unfortunately. All the great generations were great because they had to be. Wars give you a common enemy to unite against. They give you perspective. Most of us were born in a generation where the U. S. was already on top on had no significant external problems. I think that was part of the motivation to start that ill-advised war. But that failed for obvious reasons.

We're experiencing now what the Romans did in the late republic.

What Girls Said 6

• What I like: The movies, the science and technology, the landscape
    What I don't like: The politics and racism specially towards black people and middle easterns ( Arabs)

0|1
    0|0
    • I really haven't seen that much against Arabs where I come from in the US

• Show All
    • There are a lot of Arabs/ Indians here there's really not much discrimination against them as other races

• That's very reassuring to hear then haha ^^

• 0|2
    0|0
  • I would like the diversity of US. I would not like the all sugar food though. I have never been to US and that's the reason I us "Would".

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the salaries ;) lol don't like how cold some people are in big cities esp

0|1
    0|0
  • Definitely the food.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the restaurants because they have food :)

0|1
    0|0

What Guys Said 7

• What I like: The cities. The people. The patriotism (yes, I do like how Americans are proud of being Americans), the diversity, not just in races but in cultures and sub-cultures. The sport. The way Americans have fun. The accent. The freedom. The weather (I know it varies, but I'm talking in general). Guns.

What I don't like: The extra sensitivity to some things (like race or religion). The overly religious people. How easy it is to get a gun.

0|1
    0|0
    • It is true everyone says America is the great melting pot. The gun laws need overhaul too, I'm not against ownership, I just think we need the make the process a little more secure and trustworthy

• I'm all in favor of gun ownership, I like guns (even though I've never shot one), but there needs to be a more secure and trustworthy process to get hold of them, like you said.
      I come from a country where you can't go around with a gun, and I know most people there don't like the fact that you can have guns in America, but I actually like that.

• Things I like

That Apple stuff is so much cheaper in the USA than many other countries I think.

The idea of living in California or going on holiday to Florida or Hawaii.

The tourist attractions as well as you do.

Some of the funny comedy movies.

Things I don't like

That so many people own guns and as a result of this the number of shootings is just out of hand and that gun laws are not way stricter.

The suing culture.

The way the healthcare system works.

I don't like how SOME people in the USA think they are the best country in the world and everyone else in the world should live like them. I know that is NOT all people in the USA.

0|0
    0|0
    • I also dont like the suing and healthcare systems. and the arrogance that people think we are better.

• Things I like:

Positivity
    Freedom of expression
    Food
    Literature from Mark Twain to John Steinbeck
    The Rockies

Things I don't like

The second amendment
    Lack of healthcare provision for the underprivilaged
    The economic disparity between rich and poor
    Religious revivalism
    Donald trump

0|1
    0|0
    • We do have great lit. And wonderful mountains from The Rockies to the Appalachians. I don't like the class divide and lack of healthcare for underprivileged either

• I like the way they will put you up and look after you when you visit.
    Dislike, I find some very loud.

0|1
    0|0
  • I like the people, the cities, the food, the diversity and lots of other things.

I don't like having to pay tax when I buy things over there...

0|1
    0|0
  • Buffets dude

0|0
    0|0
  • Definitely them burgers

0|0
    0|0