Do you have a mentor?

Apparently some of the most successful people have had mentors who helped them along the way, at some point in their lives. Especially among women who've made it up to those coveted spots at the top.

So I'm looking into it. But I'm still not sure what kind of person I'm looking for, how to establish that relationship, how to get the most out of it, etc.

If you have a mentor, share your experience with it.

Most Helpful Girl

• I've grown close to some of my teachers and my brother is kind of a mentor. They all help me in my education and in simple life stuff. I know that if I stick with them, I'm guaranteed a good path in education and a good start after graduating and even advice from there.

What Guys Said 1

• I am my own mentor. I helped myself shaped me into the me we all know and love, into the perfect human being.

What Girls Said 5

• Um I guess. Well I look up to him he's not my family but he acts as a father and grandfather he was my moms boss when he owed the company she worked for and he was also our landlord. We rented the apartment in his house. Anyways he's always been that figure and helps me out financially if I need it. He's like my back bone if I can't pay my bills he helps adds it to the bill and has helped me get multiple cars. Not sure if that counts as one and I really didn't go out shopping for one he was just there.

• Hmm well I was more thinking of someone who helps guide you in your career, open opportunities to you, and share their knowledge and experience for your benefit, etc. but that's great you have someone like that in your life.

• I've had academic mentors. so I gained access via being a member of their class or simply by being assigned to them as an advisee.

• No but i'm in desperate need of one. :'(

• Jesus is my mentor

• I had mentors all of my life. I'm a mentor to college students.