Does anyone else have trouble being happy?

I have found that again and again in my life i must look for problems or things to upset me. This has most recently manifested in my relationship... i have been in a relationship for almost 6 months now, and for the first 2 I was convinced she was pity dating me, and even now im just starting to realize she actually likes me, i just have such difficulty wrapping my head around the fact that someone could be so close to me like she is and not run screeming... I don't understand why i can't just be happy with her and not worry? Does anyone else have this? And if so, what do you do? Side note: she knows i feel this way and knows how insecure i am, I tell her everything pretty much but i dont know what to do about this, it impairs my ability to enjoy my time with her.

52

Most Helpful Girl

• At this point in my life, I'm actually the happiest I've ever been. I think the key here is to not worry so much about the negatives and focus a lot more on the positives.

• That sounds nice... i know that seeing the positives and Focusing on the positives are good, but... how? Sometimes its just so hard i can't even see the positives...

• I understand. Ever heard of the phrase, "shit happens?" The quicker you really learn and accept and understand that, the better things will be and the better you will feel. Consistently being insecure will only drive her away from you as time moves on. Work on being confident within yourself. It'll help you in the long run.

Most Helpful Guy

• I make bad choices then yes. I learn from them and get smarter and take my time making emotional and all sorts of other decisions. I am happier but still have issues in life to deal with.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 4

• I am sadly VERY self destructive.

A date once said to me "Don't be a bird looking for a cage Helena" which helps
    me whenever I start feeling negative about my life.

• Nope. I believe that happiness is a state of mind so when I feel the blues coming I just shut off those nasty feelings and be bright instead. The darkness won't take me ever again.

• Yes. I'm 20 years old and I hate my life. I've been having a terrible past few weeks. And I mean completely terrible. Something goes wrong at least 4 times a week for me anyway. I'm on the verge of a complete breakdown. And I kinda have no friends to talk to (you basically have no friends after graduating high school). I'm completely miserable. I was happy once, very happy. But my depression took it all away from me, and I'm still trying to get it all back. And I'm feeling hopeless. Oh well.

• As of right now in my life I can easily relate. There was a time not too long ago when I had really really bad depression. My doctor told me I probably had it several times but since I never really fessed up to anything she couldn't make a clear diagnosis. As for my boyfriend I feel the same way you do. The story behind our relationship is kind of a long one, but sometimes I wonder if he would still be dating me if I was a happy person. He knows pretty much everything about me, including my depression. My depression seems to be getting a lot better, luckily, but I often worry that my depression is what earned me the relationship.

• Ah, it might have been worth mentioning im battling deptession too... she also knows about mine, and I know she would still be around without it, but i wonder how much it hurts our relationship...

What Guys Said 1

• Yes. Yes, I do.