Anybody tried to be off of Internet for a while?

how was your experience?

Most Helpful Guy

• I haven't done it in a long time, but I could manage. It's most important function for me is email for work and keeping up with sports scores and news. Other than that, I could go off the grid, no problem. I was like 16 by the time the internet was really a thing, and it was slow as hell until I was 22 or 23, so it's only the last ten years or so that it's been this wicked convenient service. I mean, I guess I'm accustomed to it and would have to readjust to getting info from other mediums, but I definitely wouldn't go crazy without it. It might actually be refreshing. But I wasn't brought up in the era of instant gratification, so there's a part of me that's totally fine without it, it's just a matter of convenience.

Most Helpful Girl

• I go offline for weeks/months on end every now and then. It does me a load of good to disconnect from time to time.

What Guys Said 9

• No internet? That sounds absolutely terrifying. :O
    media3.giphy.com/media/7ut5pB8HmWyZ2/200.gif
    I remember the times I went to things like camps for a week or weekend where there was no internet or technology. That was kinda annoying because I was into Yahoo Answers then and I wanted to check my notifications. It was just gave an unpleasant feeling when I thought of it. When Hurricane Ike came and shut off power for a week it was bad too, but at least I had battery powered devices and a battery powered tv to get me through it lol.
    However, now that I've found GAG and Netflix, I'd probably go into fetal position without internet. I'm pretty addicted to it because it is a wonderful thing and it fills up a lot of my free time. I'd be very bored. Very very bored.

• My power supply on my desktop died once. It took 2 weeks to receive another one and I dislike using my phone soo at that time I actually worked out more and read 2 books.

• I never tried but I have been before. Not good. Bored as fuck.

• I had those days off work with my fiancee.. Phones off and mingling in bed for the whole day.

Those days count as no internet days right?

• I've been off the internet for 2 months, you know it was ehh -shrugs-

• It was literally tallying the days. That's when I knew I had a problem.

Now I find a day without the internet to be refreshing, as long as I can spend the day having a great time out exploring, or maybe having dinner with friends.

• I do when I go away on holiday to areas with no reception, t's a good break to get away somewhere with no Internet or phone reception.

• lol no
    after 2 or 3 days it would drive me crazy :s

• I felt better somehow, my neck is already hurting now that I got my phone it's like being a zombie

What Girls Said 7

• yeah i was off all internet for a week. doesn't sound like much but in in this day and age i feel so proud of myself lol.

i can say it was one of the most liberating weeks of my life.

• No, realistically I need it for school anyway haha xx

• Yes, I went on a mini weekend road trip. It was really fun to go out and explore... windows down and enjoy the breeze. Sadly, nothing too exciting or different, but it was nice to drive down the coast. The fresh sea air is always good.

• It was horrible and boring as hell. Nothing was interesting since nobody was around.

I can go without the internet if I actually have something physically fun to do.

• It's great when I have things to do but if I am just at home, and there is nothing else to do, then it's a slight torture.

• I like going without internet. There are way too many stupid people in the world that gather here so frequent breaks are a necessity.

• Yeah when the power went out