Why do SOME people make a big deal out of other people being a virgin?

Notice that I said SOME

Most Helpful Guy

• For many people I believe it is to justify the fact they are not a virgin, trying to imply there is something wrong with the virgin to make them feel better about the fact that they did not wait.

Most Helpful Girl

• LOL! i love it when people use SOME. thank you.

i think they just dont like the value some people attach to it.

there's a few reasons

1. they could be jealous- unlikely, but if they regret giving their virginity away to a loser, they'll probably wish they still kept it.

2. they think ur missing out- a little more likely. they feel sorry for you. these people are the ones who love sex so much that they want everyone else to experience it.

3. they're freaking irritated with you bragging- NOT SAYING THAT'S U. =] there r some virgins who r just on and on and on about it like good for you but SHUT UP! -.-

4. they're not into the whole commitment thing- this is just a lifestyle difference. if they wanna sleep around, or live with someone before marriage, awesome. cool. not everyone is like that and this should be respected.

What Guys Said 16

• Cause people like getting in other people's businesses. They think not being a virgin is cool, therefore they try to find virgins to shame them so they can feel superior.
    It's just plain immaturity and stupidity.

• Yeah, thanks for answering

• I think that most people want it, but society judges it negatively, plus you can't always get it, or go somewhere to perform it.

Plus some people who have always lacked socially have always been the butt of jokes and made fun of, so if they do not do things like most social people, then they are going to be different. Being different in this world could bring on mountains of negativity.

• Yeah thanks for answering

• Because they're immature.

Unless you're like over 30 and still a virgin, or under 16 and not a virgin or something. It's still none of anyone else's business, but the socially accepted age for losing your virginity will affect how people see you.

• True, thanks for answering

• who cares if someone is 30 and still a virgin? they haven't been able to get to know somebody they feel comfortable with, or successful with, or themselves with. so they may never have it, so who cares?

• I'm not saying I do. But societal standards do.

• lol i thought most people under the age of 16 were virgins?
    i remember about lying when i was 13 saying i slept with a girl lol!!!
    I hate how people measure someones worth by the number of partners they have had!

• I know right I don't get it :/ thanks for answering

• A shift in upbringing from home to upbringing from school happens around your age, unfortunately and understandably most people in mid/high school have an immature association with intimacy and are generally not the best people to get relationship advise from.

Pay no attention to it, they'll grow out of it at some point.

• Because they don't imagine themselves being one... just like some self absorbed people do that all the time.

• Yeah, thanks for answering

• Because they are immature and can't handle that you are saving yourself for the right person and right time.

• You are 14, the social pressure is there and it sucks. Thats the reason most girls get laid on their 17-19 birthday, sweet 18 is the day to get wasted n shit.
    If you let other peoples words affect you then that could turn your pattern.

• Big deal good or bad?

• It's bad

• In my opinion people like that are loosing sight to what is important. I like virgins, it's a gift

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• they're jealous of your strength.

• because they think casual sex with tons of people is cool. they look up to the trash appearing on maury. they dont want to end up in a volcano. reserved people are more valuable socially. no kids = no recurring bills... no history = no stds = no recurring treatment bills... =)

• Oh ok, thanks for answering

• Well, SOME people have been told by SOME other people that that one thingy is SOMEthing of a problem.

• Oh thanks for answering

• please marry meh if u are a virgin cutie Dx

• Probably because that's peer pressure at it's worst. There are people that want to corrupt the virgins. They want them to fuck so that they are part of the cesspool of a world that we live in. But I'm still a virgin after 13 years of possibly losing it as an adult. Don't get me wrong. I can be tempted, but I'm glad I've been kept away from it for as long as I have. And there's nothing wrong with having sex. But personal choice and religious reasons are very valid reasons to stay a virgin.

• Oh, thanks for answering

• Because they think being a virgin means you're a peasant or some shit.
    They think sex is a status and symbol of "game".

• Oh ok, thanks for answering

• I don't know. I don't care really. Makes me no difference.

• Yeah, thanks for answering

What Girls Said 13

• I don't know, I wonder the samething all the time. I guess people just like to always find fault in other people whether there is any or not. I personally, don't understand why people care if someones a virgin or not. It's not really anybodies business.

• Because once you give up the goods, you can't take the action in doing so back... It's a pretty big deal, you don't wanna just give it up to any ol' body, let's not forget that originally it was considered a gift to your husband on your wedding night... pffft, nowadays peeps aren't even gettin married, let alone saving themselves for their wedding night

• Oh, thanks for answering

• Lol yeah I like that you said some but usually the people that make a big deal about it are virgins and just want to be cool. It's just rare nowadays too so people may be surprised. Middle schoolers are loosing it now it's ridiculous. Keep it classy save it for the best and last lol

• Because a lot of teenagers aren't virgins these days. I mean at least that's what they say.. People in high school act like you win a Grammy for losing your virginity or just having sex with numerous people period. When people find out that you're a virgin they act like you're some sort of alien or something.

• Yeah true and thanks for answering

• because they are probably still virgins themselves

• True thanks for answering

• Because they are stupid

• They have nothing fun other than meddle into other people's lifestyle. It's no one's business whether someone had sex or not.
    Unless you're looking for a compatible partner that shares your same views towards and attitude towards sex (such as a virgin waiting till marriage only wanting another virgin) then who cares.

• Yeah and thanks for answering

• cause theyre so rare nowadays

• Because somebody made up this immature trend that it's considered cool to no longer be a virgin. Then there are some people that just love to criticize anything that they can about others.

• People can't live their own lives so they have to make a big deal about other people's lives i guess.

• Yeah, thanks for answering

• Bc they are childish and so immature thats why

• Yeah, thanks for answering

• Apparently, it has become a rarity and some find that interesting. Kind of like finding someone who doesn't like smoking weed lol. Though, it does get creepy when a guy finds out and becomes super attentive *shivers*. But, then you get the great guys who love that part of you even more lol. All typed from real experience.

• Oh, thanks for answering

• At your age I hope you still are. That said as an adult it would be a liability than an asset

• Yes I still am, I'm not like those other people that are my age and are not a virgin

• Good for you.. Stay that way as long as you can 👍🏻

• Thanks