Why are toothpaste products almost always minty?

Why would it be the most popular preference opposed to vanilla or strawberry or cotton candy etc. ?

0|0
4|4

Most Helpful Guy

• But in the history of dental hygiene, the ubiquity of mint is a relatively recent phenomenon. Humankind has devised itself breath fresheners and dental abrasives throughout recorded time, but these varied greatly among cultures, depending mostly on what materials were available. Crushed shells, chalk or brick dust, and even powdered bone could serve to scrub teeth and clean the gums until the invention of toothpaste in the late 19th century. To sweeten the breath, medieval Europeans could crush herbs into their tooth scrub or vinegar mouthwash; mint was sometimes used for this purpose, but so were rosemary, parsley, and sage. Other cultures chewed aromatic seeds—fennel seeds, cardamom, star anise—to abrade and sweeten the mouth; some of these fragrant seeds still appear in the bowls of colorful mukhwas you see at Indian restaurants.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Because then the breath is freshest?
    I don't know... maybe it's just something we're used to. But I'd never use any other.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 3

• so that you dont swallow it probably. if it was those flavors kids would be eating it that wouldn't be good

1|0
    0|0
  • I use cinnamon one. Why are they minty mostly? Basically its refreshing.

0|0
    0|0
  • If it tastes good you will like to swallow it

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3