What do you think of "United Earth"?

So I have been seriously thinking about pursuing my idea that the United Nations would, one day, be upgraded to United Earth with its own constiution based off of the US Constitution. So how do I actually get started on this and find the right people? (I probably need to talk to politicians, free thinkers, and activists).

My idea comes at the erosion of religion and atheism though - there must be a spiritual basis for United Earth that doesn't involve monopolizing Father God to one particular group.

I probably have to talk to religious leaders then...

Most Helpful Guy

• You may probably seem that happening after 1000 years. World may br connected enough such that boundaries would become irrelevant. But it's just a possibility.

• I'm placing some of my hopes in the Internet actually at what Google and Facebook are doing to make the world more interconnected.

What Girls Said 1

• Keep dreaming, that'll never work.

• Not when everyone is obsessed with posessions, yes, it won't ever work.

What Guys Said 5

• If you think it would be better to attempt to make 7 billion people cooperate together you're a fuckin fool.

• I would do it but that doesn't mean I'll be a slave to it -.-

• Regardless of whatever incomprehensible stuff you just said, it would be a horrible idea. 300 million people can't agree, hell, even 30 people in a classroom can never agree on one thing. The negative consequences of disagreement among 7 billion would be enormous.

• It's worth a shot at least.

• No, no, no also the United Nations are a joke like seriously if the US, China and Russia combined forces we could quite literally take over the world that's how weak the UN is. Not to mention that bring together everyone and sort through everyone's differences is not something that could be done in our life time.

• It's worth a shot.

• I'm not sure how you see Jesus's arrival, but I see him as a universal Emperor coming back to reclaim his lost world. His real name isn't even Jesus (it's Michael and he belongs to an order of Michaels).

• You bet your bottom I'll be petitioning him for his support of a United Earth.

• Why don't you start with a simpler problem, like solving world hunger?

• How do I make a circle a square? It is impossible. I just ate but I might be hungry, does this count? Why should a starving kid in Africa make me feel guilty? I have nothing to do with him.

But I see your point but the problem lies with our greed for material possessions - that is why there is "world hunger" (which my human geography professor pointed out was a political problem; we actually have enough food but distribution is a nightmare when one group of people wants more than the other).

• Hunger is much more than a problem of one group being greedy and not wanting to share. The US and UN send food for hunger relief and corrupt governments divert it so it does not reach their own people.

The ultimate issue is how you embrace the right of self-determination and whether you think you have the right to decide for someone else how their part of the world should be governed. That did not work out so well for us in Vietnam.

• I just can't help but point out that the blame lies entirely on each person's sense of fear and insecurity. No one is safe from this but it's costing us and those around us.

• The only way that would happen is force, at least for a lot of the world.

• Spiritual force.

• They don't have to be told, but what if something comes up that contradicts their beliefs? You saw the price Jesus paid for that.

• And yet billions of Christians sit here today begging for his forgiveness and salvation. It's pitiful really.

• Yeah, unless someone commits genocide of a few billion people, it won't happen.

You could only make a united world so by becoming a tyrant more terrible than any in history.

• I was thinking along the lines of a spiritual revolution like those of Jesus, Buddha, and Mohammad.

• Either that or Jesus comes back and aliens establish formal communications with us.

• and the UN has proved basically useless.