What's a word that you can't say correctly, no matter how hard you try?

Most Helpful Guy

• Actually, there are a lot of 15+ letter words which are difficult to pronounce but after 3-4 readings, I can say it correctly.
    In that case, it won't matter if the word is long or short but the thing which will make it difficult is the spelling type.

The word for me is 'elite'. Such a common word but I grew up calling it as "alite" while it is "aelit". I just learned to pronounce it correctly in the last quarter of last year.

Other words are 'Deadmau5'. It is the name of a very popular Canadian DJ & Music performer. It is pronounced as "Dead mouse" but I call it as "Dead Mau Five".
    'colonel' is also one of such words but being so common, I know it is pronounced as "kernal". :)

Another word is "the". This is a bloody word which changes it's pronunciation depending upon which letter it is followed by (vowel vs. consonant). It is pain in @$$
    "dheee vs. dhaaa"

Then there comes other words which are taken directly by Hindi like February and May. We call February as Furvery and May as Myii in Hindi which creates a hell lot of confusion. :(

Such things get me every time :/

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 8

• poignant - i don't know why... haha... i keep pronouncing it with the "g"

• Vehemently and particularly. . . f*** adverbs

• I was pronouncing the word epitome wrong for quite some time! :-P

• Anenemoneee

THE THINGY NEMO LIVES IN

• I don't have any I am pretty good at speaking in English.

• specific. I don't know why.

• one of my natural gifts to be able to pronounce words not always right away but quickly

• Militarization is a tough one for me at time. Anomaly for me can be tough if I had a few drinks too. Hugz

What Girls Said 9