Would you rather be above average looking with average intelligence or average looking with above average intelligence?

• Average looking with above average intelligence
  • Above average looking with average intelligence

Most Helpful Girl

• Above average looking with average intelligence.

Sorry, but I wanna be BEAUTIFUL! 💎

Most Helpful Guy

• Difficult question. It depends what you consider "above" intelligence or looking. If you take my education as a measuring scale, I am certainly above intelligent (I attend a university, which only about 15-20% of the population in my country manage to do (for academic reasons, not financial ones, university is rather cheap). However, I'm not a genius or anything like that. I once took an IQ test (though they are not completely trustworthy) and came out around 130, which is above-average but not like "omg he's a freakin' Einstein" kind of intelligent. My looks are pretty average I'd say. So I'm already more or less in the situation that I have option A. Now... generally I like being smart. It's fun to be interested in a lot of stuff and enjoy reading and learning new things. I also believe that my intelligence makes me an overall more open-minded and tolerant person, as these things frequently correlate and interact. However, sometimes being intelligent can also be a burden. It can be incredibly hard to bear the fact that there are so many stupid people in the world who destroy it in some way and don't even realize how stupid they are. It's hard to stand next to it and having to watch it and understand it. It's a bit like with ISIS. You watch them destroy all those beautiful temples in Palmyra and other ancient cities and you just keep thinking "what a bunch of complete idiots". You KNOW they're wrong in what they believe and you KNOW that the things they say to justify their acts of violence are bullshit but you can't do anything about it. So in a way, being intelligent makes people a little bitter I believe. At least I struggle with that sometimes. It makes you desperate to know that you're one of a minority who understands what the real problems are. So sometimes I wish I was really handsome and hot but kind of dumb. I could live in my blissful ignorance and everything would be just fine. But then again I think it would also be quite a boring life. So I really can't decide. On some days I'd pick option A and on other days I'd pick option B.

• Yeah I wasn't thinking Einstein vs male model.

Like 140 iq versus 7/10 for looks.

Personally I think I'm average for both, but I'd definitely rather be above average looking.

What Girls Said 8

• What's wrong with average intelligence? That's where most of us are at now anyways.

• I never said there was anything wrong with it.

Personally Id vote B

• Average looking... because if I'd be super smart, I'm make an elexier which would turn me into a gorgeous and fantastic unicorn😂

• I would rather be average looking with above average intelligence. Intelligence is more important to me than looks.

• What I am, average across the board. It's a happy place to be.

• Dang it! I meant to vote B.

I can always gain more intelligence lol

• Well i am already average intelligent so looks for me 🙌

• I'm already average looking with above average intelligence. I'm happy with that, I would really hate to look nicer and be dumber. I can achieve much more this way and I know that my achievements have nothing to do with my appearance. They are gained from my own determination and hard work. Not from some guy getting a hard on and giving me preferential treatment. There's no merit in success gained that way.

• Intelligence is more important.

What Guys Said 8

• I don't care if they look "average" as long as they are attractive to me.

But I'd rather be with someone who's smarter. I just hope I'm sufficiently smart for them myself.

• ... Did I seriously misread the question?

Anyways, I consider myself to be "average looking with above average intelligence", but it helps if I actually read the question properly without applying heuristics before I answer. Derp.

• so besides your lack of empathy and motivation, in what other ways do people consider you weird?

• Hey, I don't lack empathy. I relearned it to a certain extent.

I just feel like I don't know enough about a lot of things and thus am not as great at engaging with others in terms of communication. It's like, the things people talk about, I just can't relate to them, or at least I don't have anything in mind that is relevant. I just think I just don't hang out with enough people to refer to experiences that others could find interesting in a given scenario, I guess. It's odd.

• Average looking with above average intelligence.

• Option A already applies to me, so I voted A. :P

• I'dd rather be stupid, my mind is so negative even tho there is no reason, I guess.
    I want to be Patrick Star from spongebob

• If I was a moron I wouldn't be me anymore - so I guess I'll settle for keeping my average looks.

• There is nothing I would trade for my intellect.

• I voted B. You can increase intelligence. Can't really increase appearance unless you want plastic surgery or make up.

• The way i understand it is you can increase knowledge but not intelligence.

Intelligence is a measure of cognition, or in other words how efficient your brain is at processing and storing information. Also problem solving ability.

Intelligence for the most part is innate, you can't increase it.

• But brains grow and expand. Some parts of the brain decrease meaning you lose intelligence. In some cases you may gain intelligence. You can gain intelligence.

• There are scientific ways to increase memory.

• I have more used on being intelligent so A.