My first time ice skating! What should I wear?

My friends all want to teach me, and just told me to "dress warm". What does that exactly entail?

What Guys Said 1

• well i am assuming this will be at an indoor rink... so it will not be too cold. you will also be falling a lot as you learn this is normal. i would suggest some nylon pants that will not get wet as the snow melts with tights under them, A warm sweater some woolen mittens and a toque and you should be laughing. Maybe lso consider some elbow pads to protect you... lastly its not very fashionable but a helmet is a great idea. Banging your head on the ice is the biggest risk. Have fun. Ice skating is a blast. As you are falling remember even Wayne Gretzky had to learn sometime.

What Girls Said 1

• Whenever I go, I usually wear jeans, and short sleeved shirt and a loose jersey. It's pretty cold at the ice rink, but skating around really warns you up, so you don't want to be stuck in a thick shirt. Oh, and thick socks are good, because the boots can be quite uncomfortable!