Second day having this kitten help?

Last night she was meowing all night, right now she's asleep. Is she gonna continue meowing or Do I have to get used to her knowin me and my mom? (we put her in a cage) mom thinks, she gotta learn so she doesn't roam around the house then it becomes a habit..

Most Helpful Guy

• Cats are nocturnal they roam at night

Most Helpful Girl

• Kittens want to explore it's in their nature to roam around and smell and learn. A cage is a bit much, I'd try put her in a room and let her be in the there for the night with her food, water, tray etc. Remember kittens have been with their siblings for the past few weeks so being all alone, trapped in a cage in an entirely new environment is probably very overwhelming and she is going to meow constantly because that's what they do! Can't stop that. Good luck!

What Guys Said 1

• You put the cat in jail. Of course it's going to meow. A cat should be allowed to roam the house. If you are going to cage it, why have a pet at all? Either free it, of give it to someone else.

What Girls Said 1

• Well since she's a baby she might be a little scared. Depending on how young she is she might be missing her mother or sibs. Try holding the kitten close to your skin to reassure her she's safe. It sounds like she might be home sick, or a little lonely. Also, I read somewhere she could have colic if she's really young, some belly rubs should help ease any discomfort. Just give her a lot of attention and a lot of love and she'll be okay, she's just a baby.