Do you think game shows are staged?

• yes
  • no its not
  • not sure
  • probably some are and some aren't
Public game shows

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Do you mean celebrity'game' shows or 'public' game shows?

• Public game shows

• I don't think they are... I know my friend went to 'play' in one and he said it wasn't staged

What Girls Said 3

• Yes I think anything you see on TV nowadays is all staged I dont think they let people do their own thing anymore if they ever did to begin with :/

• I think, most reality shows are staged. So is WWE :p

• Some are and some aren't.

What Guys Said 5

• This actually became a scandal in the late 1950's.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1950s_quiz_show_scandals

Which is why, at the end credits of game shows, you might read, or hear quickly announced, "This program was edited for broadcast, without affecting the outcome of the game...", because often shows are edited for audience reaction, or contestant ITM's ("In the moments") are inserted in by editors after the actual "reality game show" event.

• It depends which ones. Jeopardy always puts in some questions that one contestant will be an expert at but generally the scores are pretty even all night. Now the physical shows like the obstacle corse shows, probably. I went to school with a guy who does the American Ninja Warrior campionships every year and I know that's not but it's also run by the people who've been doing Ninja Warrior in Japan for years so there's tradition and respect for the competition.

• I guess so , most of them

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T-gfMKOE_MA

• You can't handle the truth!!!

• Reminds me of the game moment of truth. Where they win prizes for for telling the truth in front of friends and family. It was such a cruel game

• Some are and some aren't.