How do you deal with your feelings?

Personally, i write poems on what i am feeling, and keep them in a binder.

• Write poetry
  • Talk to a friend
  • Keep to yourself
  • Act like nothing was wrong
  • Self-harm
  • Other
Note: ask whatever you want about me through a pm, i will answer (almost) any question you have.

Most Helpful Girl

• I write poetry too, and I clue them into a scrapbook of mine. <3
    And I listen to certain artists for inspiration. :)

I also... Cry and vent.

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really write poetry, but I write song lyrics. I guess they are similar but kind of different in structure and feel. And, as I write lyrics I'll play guitar and just kind of let my feelings out through that. I focus my sadness towards the music and use it to build up an inspired song that sounds good. When I make a song that sounds good, I become proud of it and it makes me less sad. :D

When I am angry, I play drums so I can pretty much hit things and make loud noises. Simple, but it works wonders. Anger goes away pretty well when you do physical activity and it also is productive because it helps me write songs too.

Before I had music, I would just bottle up the feelings and push them away. It wasn't very healthy and would leave me just even more of a wreck. It would lead to stress and a whole bunch of crappy emotions and feelings. Since I taught myself music, it has gotten me through some really tough events and times in my life.

In a sense though, I keep to myself, because most of my songs (good or bad) are kept to myself. I share only the select few with people.

What Girls Said 11

• i pretty much do the same.

but i also keep to myself and act like nothing is wrong. safer.

• Conceal, don't feel, don't let them know.

• i mostly keep them to myself until am about to explode

• I listen to classical music, meditate, worship or read religious articles online.

• I used to write poetry
    but then I realized that depressed me even more
    so now I talk to people
    and that's much better... for me

• Buy a bottle of vodka, drink excessively then the next day i pretend like nothing's wrong.

• Keep it to myself I don't like bothering others on how I feel.

• Suck it up and focus on other things.

• Act like nothing was wrong

• I write poetry! It helps me immensely.

• I pace around thinking about them, write in my journal. Sometimes go out for a little walk to try and clear my head, but that's much easier when I'm in the city :/ (ie. when I'm at university rather than home for the holidays).

I talk to my best friend and maybe my Mum. Sometimes if something big's going on in my life I'll talk about it and nothing else to anyone and everyone and probably wind everyone I know up with it :/

What Guys Said 9

• I try to talk to somebody if I can, but i usually can't. What happens most of the time is I stuff the feelings into a metaphorical shoebox inside of me and hide them away. It's very unhealthy, but I don't know what else to do.

• There's a lot to be said for stoicism.

Read some Marcus Aurelius. Believe that all the negative feelings we can suffer and think about come not from things that happen to us - but from our reactions to those events. Then simply change how you react to things that you would previously have negatively considered.

Life is 10% stuff that happens to you, 90% how you deal with it.

• Well I've been a poet for 4-5 years now so I usually express what I'm feeling or seeing through the written word. Other then that I usually keep it to myself because that's well safer usually.

• I tend to keep things to myself, however listening to and writing music helps me forget the white and relax.

• It depends on how strongly I feel. I just dwell on them on the inside until I resolve them in my head most of the time though.

• Anger: I have a punching bag
    Sadness: console with a close friend/family
    Lust: masterbate
    Envy: remind myself what I have.
    Jelous: smack myself
    Stressed: dark room classical music
    Depressed: take the day off and drive to a remote place swim run etc

• Talk to @misshope my BEST FRIEND EVER 😛

• I eat my feelings.

• I do two of these things, rarely three. I definitely keep it to myself and act like nothing's wrong, and rarely talk to a friend about it.