Why are people so repulsed by MGTOW?

Why are people so repulsed by MGTOW (men going their own way).

Most Helpful Girl

• It's not repulse... The movement doesn't make sense from a historical view.

Men have always been the party in power. THEY had to vote to give women equal rights. They have always done whatever the hell they wanted. So the fact that this is a movement now seems silly. Like, you've always been able to do whatever you want. The movement seems unnecessary. You've always been going your own way. Why make a huge deal about it now? Just because women now are going THEIR own way and not all under your thumb like sheep?

Most Helpful Guy

• People hate MGTOW because, in a gynocentric society, women are given priority in all things. Because of our heavily gynocentric system, women walking away from their traditional roles is equated with empowerment, while men walking away from their traditional roles is equated with misogyny. Likewise, women speaking of their freedom from the slavery of marriage is considered empowerment, while men freeing themselves from women's destructive power is considered misogyny.

Much of media and religion is setup to brainwash men into gynocentric robots that can't be happy unless they've been validated by women. MGTOW is a direct threat to this power over men; hence MGTOW will be hated by most women and a sizable portion of men.

The MGTOW mindset reverses the gynocentric brainwashing of men and introduces men to a lifestyle not dependent on female validation, freeing men from the all to frequent life destruction that accompanies giving women power over their lives - particularly through the most gynocentric of institutions - marriage.

• very well put and its messed up you got no likes and the female bimbo best answer up there hasn't updated her knowledge on how men are systematically disadvantaged.

you are literally a woman away from having everything taken from you including your heart and emotional well being.

she changes her mind you're fucked, she gets the kids 90 percent of the time, women dont date down which means shell be taking your half, and there's muhc more like woman for the same crime do much less time while making equal pay as men for the same job. much more things unmentioned.

What Girls Said 9

• What?
    What is that?

• Does it matter? They're "going their own way" so why would they care if we're repulsed? lol

• They're still involved in society. I'm sure social approval still matters to a degree.

• OK then, what people are "repulsed" by isn't the fact that men are "going their own way". It's that the men who consider themselves part of the MGTOW "movement" tend to be very vocal about it, and act like it is women's fault that they don't want to pursue relationships and like to be very, very vocal about the fact that they have no use for women. They also tend to act like it's somehow supposed to bother us that they don't want us.

Basically, they're whiny little babies who get upset because the people they claim they want nothing to do with do not give a shit that they want nothing to do with them.

• Where are they going?

• It's not MGTOW itself people are repulsed by. It's the people representing it.

• What do you even mean?

• what does that even mean? where are they going?

• I have no idea, lol.

• im not at all.

• what does that even mean?

What Guys Said 13

• Although I know what MGTOW is and I have no problems with the idea in general but I find some of the people in it problematic. I used to be subscribed to MGTOW channels on youtube for the sake of educating myself about society from an entirely different perspective I never even knew existed. And for a time it was fine but then the ever present bitterness and women-bashing just made me unsubscribe. And the thing about many of them being hypocrites is also something that got to me. Like, they would tell a story about some guy who got screwed over in divorce court and lost half of his stuff to his bitch wife, they would pity the guy. But when the tables were turned around for once and it just so happened that a rich woman lost half of her shit to a man, you would have expected them to be against stealing the spouse's money but no... they cheered on the man. Hypocrites.

• I don't know anyone who is 'repulsed' by the idea. But, if I had to form a guess as to why someone would be, my guess would be that some people are simply repulsed by trans-gendered people, and the MGTOW thing has that "I want the life of a woman, which I perceive to be much easier" vibe to it.

Not a good guess, but without any examples I can't really form an educated one..

• The simple fact is... MGTOW is a lost term, like Feminist.

No matter how much people protest otherwise, the terms conjure pretty bad images.

And MTGOW... giving up and quitting is not something that will ever gain much respect or a following.

I'm reminded of a song I love...

"And I'll never bow down from the sorrow,
    "I'll face all that is coming my way!"

• my personally, im not repulsed, I just don't give a fuck lol.

• Why would a true mgtow even care?

• They don't exist. It's a macho fantasy for a bunch of internet crybabies.

• It's basically guys that have been burnt by women not knowing that women operate differently to us men. It is obvious how differently we are wired.
    Instead of realising this fact they go whine about it in forums.
    Some of the stuff they complain about is true like divorce being a gain for women and most women put in less financially In a relationship.
    But that doesn't justify giving up on women completely because of stupid social norms or laws you could always rebel from that.

• Because they're nonsensical, misogynistic morons.

• So if someone refuses to kiss a woman's ass he's a "nonsensical, misogynistic moron"? Are you a slave of women?

• When the reason you're refusing to kiss her ass is simply because she's a woman? Yes. That's the definition of misogyny.

And let me ask you this... When thousands of guys all label themselves with the same acronym, copy and paste the same arguments, and visit the same websites, are they really going *their own* way? Or are they just sheep picking a different shepherd to follow?

• ... Are they?

• Never heard of it

• It goes against life itself.

• I think it's too heavy on the misogyny. I understand their point but the idea is to walk away from it and move on, not to walk away and be resentful. They can be mad because of their negative experiences, that much is justified. But it's when they keep going on about how evil women are and such that makes it a problem.

It makes sense as a symptom or rather a push-back against gynocentrism, they actually seemed kinda cool when I first heard about it, kinda like celibate monks focusing on nobler pursuits. But too many seem like they hold on to their anger and it becomes hate rather than truly going their own way.

Basically their principle is sound but the execution is just not quite right.

• I guess as a man if I was to go my own way I wouldn't feel the need to tell anyone about it, I would just go. It doesn't comport with my idea of masculinity to continually shout "I'm going my own way now! Hey what do you think? I'm going my own way! I'm really doing it! Hey everybody look! Mmm-mmm, this going my own way is really great!"

That seem transparently childish.