Who starts the conversation first?

Title says it all! When you've just met someone new, do you prefer if you start the conversation first, or if the other person starts it first?

Sub question : Are you better at starting a convo or continuing it? (:
Who starts the conversation first?
p/s : picture credits to its owner, I got it from pinterest. It has nothing to do with the question as well, I just prefer to have pictures attached. 🙈🙈

• I do the texting first
  • I let the other person text first

Most Helpful Guy

• If it's a girl it has to be me, if not, then whoever has something to say.
    I suck ay starting, but I can definitely keep a conversation going.

• Girls never started the convos?

• The girls I know just happened to be more on the talkative side, which can be good, or bad..

Can we just freaking exchange the guys and girls over xD sounds more beneficial to both parties anyways 😂

• Thanks for the MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• I prefer that they start the conversation cause then I know I'm not annoying/bothering them, but with some motherfuckers you just gotta initiate it cause they NEVER do it x_x

What Guys Said 7

• I answered only so that I could leave a comment. Your question was 'who should start the conversation' and the choices both related to texting. You perceive texting as a conversation and that is a criticism that I have of your generation (and I am not overly critical of your generation, as I have many friends who are 18-25 years old.)

Someone starts a conversation with a text that says "I like you." What does that mean? Are they just being polite? Are they expressing appreciation of your potential as a friend? Are they expressing a romantic interest? Or is it a typo and they really meant to say, "I'm like you"? If you were talking on the telephone, or on Skype/Face Time, their tone of voice and the context of the comment would give you strong clues as to the meaning of "I like you." But you miss all of that with texting.

So. . . your generation is not stupid, so why do they do that? I think it is because they feel less comfortable with direct social interaction and texting is easier. But it is also the coward's way out of an uncomfortable situation. The only way that you will become more comfortable with direct and extended conversations in the dating scene is by having those conversations over and over.

When I was 17 years old, I was extremely shy around women. But I forced myself to approach women, talk to them, ask them out. I got rejected some times, and that hurt, but I kept trying. Today, I am much more adept and facile at these things and I am not unnerved by the prospect of initiating a conversation.

Please consider trying a more direct approach in your communications. Ultimately, you will reap great rewards for your efforts.

• I put 'texting' only because I don't want the text to be too long, I kind of dislike it. However, thanks for your input. (:

• In texting? I rarely start a convo. Don't know why really I do sometimes, but I definitely prefer not to. In person, the exact opposite. I'm usually the one starting a conversation up, no matter what about and I am pretty good a keeping a conversation up. In text I also have difficultly communicating. I think its partly due to my personality which is entirely based on witty comments and sarcasm. Neither translate well to text.

• I never text first. Once I get comfortable with person then I may start texting first. Also, I'm bad at starting conversations but good at continuing it.

• Not sure this applies to me since I don't text at all lol.

• It doesn't necessarily have to be texting, I just replaced that word because I dislike poll options to be too long ><

• Ok then it depends on who I am talking to, but usually no I do not keep a conversation going because I meet new people at work almost everyday lol.

• With me and mah friends its a two way street, sometimes they initiate and sometimes i do, but not all of em initiate, there are some female firends with whom i have to begin which kinda sucks tho!!!

• I usually wait for the other person to start but not always.

What Girls Said 6

• Normally, I'll let the other person start the conversation because I don't want to annoy someone potentially. I shouldn't think that way, but I can't help it.

• I am good at both. I can keep talking and talking :D if the other person is intrested and is talking sense :P

• I always start the conversation first :)

• I always feel like I'm bothering people, so I prefer it if they do. But if I want to enough, I will.

• Most of the time the other person, but some I have to start it first.

• I start the conversation.

I'm better at starting it than continuing it.