Syrian refugees?

No doubt majority of them are trying to find the peace and new home in a free and democratic country but dont u think there are also economical immigrant who are coming to get social benefits and to reach their ideal GERMANY... if they run from the war why the first free country they reac is not good enough? serbia, hungary? why alll wanna live only in western countries? weird no?

Most Helpful Guy

• I dont understand why they dont stay in muslim countries (Turkey, Jordan, southern Iraq, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, etc). They come to the west and complain about not getting rights because they are minorities, but completely neglect the fact that they chose to come here, they chose to cross half of Europe to get to the "better" countries instead of going to the countries around them, I think many of them are using this crisis as an excuse to go somewhere they perceive as better. I feel for them and their situation but what Europe is doing isn't the right answer. If the Syrians are sitting in their village in Syria and hear the German government is giving free healthcare, jobs, and a hope for a better future in their country, they might just use the crisis as an excuse to advance themselves economically. What the Europeans should really be doing is, instead of inviting millions of immigrants into their countries, they should go to the immigrants countries and fix them. The Europeans had all their colonies and basically turned all of Africa and the middle east to sh*t because of them, and rather then going and fixing the problem, they are just telling all the people to come to their countries. As a business man myself I can see the issue here. There is no industry in the middle east. All they have is oil, they dont have any high tech companies like East Asia or America does, they dont have much infrastructure to support more advanced development, and they dont have an advanced enough education system. If they really want to help these refugees, that moron Merkel could go blow the living sh*t out of ISIS using whatever means necessary, and then move in a bunch of educated German urban planners and people to reform the government like the US did to Japan. Japan has no natural resources, they were strained from years of war, and their entire government was removed from office. 30 years later they were the 2nd largest economy in the world, with one of the highest GDP per capitas outside of Western Europe. That didn't happen because the US said "Oh all the Japanese people who were displaced from the war should just come to the US", no they physically went to Japan, with their expertise and reformed the country. If the West just keeps letting people come, then the countries they come from will NEVER get better. All their educated professionals and business owners will jump ship and move West because they can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah, I get what you're saying. I suppose the refugees believe they will lead a better life in Western countries. Personally, I think it's really sad what is happening to those people and I know a lot of countries apparently want to allow all of them to move there. However, from a logical standpoint, people also need to think about the economic and even the social impact that all of those refugees would have on the countries they're moving to. I seriously doubt some of those European countries can support the massive influx of all of those refugees.

• They will be distributed by all Europe. That's what they are debating now... they will not be able to choose and probably we will see a lot of manifestations and even violence beetween forces and refugges... :/

• @OrangeBoy Oh okay, it will certainly be interesting to see how that plays out.

• @OrangeBoy yea but they wanna be in germany even though they will be forced to live in czech? they will be there for 2 months and again back to germany... its just utopia what Juncker from EU wants to do... u can't tie refugees on bed or desk...

What Guys Said 18

• Because most people want to have a normal life not a life which is spent sitting idly waiting for hand downs by others
    Refugee camps can only provide u with food shelter and clothing but your wants will never be satisfied and your kids will never have a future

• the EU can't take that huge amount of people and provide upper standard life for everybody, even culturally, we have no mosquee not mentioning the fear the eu people feel because who Controls what people r coming... nobody... jihadist... and its a real danger... by the way. normal life they miht have also in arabic countries... and culturally close..

• Europe has a lot of mosques and a lot of Muslims as well
      As for Muslim countries around them well its a tricky question to answer but let me try and explain why most are risking there lives crossing the sea instead of running to ksa n UAE, the problem with those countries is that they have strict laws, they would never be treated as equals and will always have to live under constant fear of persecution by the nations.
      As for jihadists making there way to Europe my dear there already are a lot of Muslims there and if they want to topple governments or start jihadist movements trust me there is nothing that can stop them. Muslims in general are peaceful people yes we have about.02% of us who are nuts but that's the case with every community, u can't expect everyone to be sane
      Study Islam and Muslims a bit and u might understand a little better of how we are

• thanks for the opinion.. again i agree with the first part i dont agree with the statement islam is peaceful religion.. to beat a daughter almost to death because she decided to marry non muslimman is not a sign of peaceful religion... again, to put bombs to protect a religion by sword as quaran says... its very dangerous.. not to accept and co-live with other religions is also not a sign of peaceful religion.. well, islam shouldn't spread to Europe because muslims can't live in peace withchristians... Me as a catholic i wouldn't be accepted in saudi or in qatar in miniskirt i would have to obey their rules, if muslims are asked to obey in Europe they protest and fight and call for their rights... again, i would have no right in saudi.
      we should keep in Europe our religion and traditin and culture... as they keep their culture in arabic countries and let nobody to destroy it... sorry...

• 1. You don't seem to be decently informed about the situation in Hungary or Serbia. These are not exactly nice places to live at. Particularly Hungary is one of the last countries I would ever want to live at, refugee or not. Hungary has a right-extremist, neo-fascist government and its population is very hostile against foreigners - even more so if these foreigners are refugee. Also, the "democracy" in Hungary is not worth its name. It's a Russia-style democracy. There is no free press, the media is completely controlled by the government, there is only a very limited right of free speech etc. Perhaps you can imagine that coming from a country where you almost got killed by the government, you don't want to go to another country where the government is gonna treat you like shit.
    2. "Economic refugee" doesn't mean somebody who is looking for government benefits. Being an economic refugee means going to another country because you can't find a job in your own country.
    3. Obviously, the people from Syria, Afghanistan and Eritrea are NOT economic refugees. Calling these people economic refugees is extremely cynical. Do you really, really think somebody who's just looking for a better money and some more money would be willing to risk losing his whole family on the mediterranean sea? It's insane that some people in the west think that way.
    4. Even IF (I'm saying IF) these refugees were economic refugees... where's the problem? I don't get. Wouldn't you do exactly the same thing? If you had absolutely no perspectives in your country and would just be sitting around like many of the young people in Spain or Italy, wouldn't you move to a richer country to find a job? What's morally bad about that?
    5. Taking all these refugees is absolutely no problem for the European nations. The right-wing politicians want to make you believe that it is, but it isn't. There are about 6 million refugees. Europe has - without Russia - about 750 million people. So the refugees are only about 0,8 percent of the whole European population. That's about the same as we have jews in Europe (and yes, there are not many jews left). It's PEANUTS.
    6. Finally, I should say that ALL the foreigners we have in western Europe are a blessing for our countries. These are the people who work really hard. And becauase they are young, they pay a lot into the countries' pension systems without needing any money themselves. Without them, our over-aged countries would all be bankrupt already.

• Yeah it's pretty sad, one of our Christian organizations is actually trying to raise a some 10 million dollars and find host families that will share their homes with Syrian families so we can bring Syrian refugees into the US for asylum so they can get away from ISIS it's sad what's happening and ISIS needs to be stopped, exterminated.

• for example slovak republic said they would accept only christian syrian refugees.. because Slovakia has no mosque and its strictly catholic and muslim refugees would feel unwelcomed and unwanted and also people from Slovakia wouldn't be happy to have islamic neighbours... i agree with themmm...

• theta goood... usa has all the option for many cultures...

• I almost had an argument with a co-worker about this yesterday.

Those other countries don't have the infrastructure and money to spare for refugees, Germany does. The economic migrants thing is a whole other issue.

The real question should be: why are some of their neighbours in the Middle East, some of whom are fantastically rich (and also share the same language and culture) doing nothing?

• i agree with u , mainly the last paragraph is so true... what u think why denmark Ireland and england dont have to take any refugees

• Not a few but many of them are economical migrants. That's a given. India has offered a place to stay but still they prefer Germany.

• nice gesture from india, but u see... western Europe and high social benefits is what draws their attention.. not poor india.. unfortuntely

• India is also much harder to get to.

• Like you said, they can get free college and all the other welfare plus their are better job prospects. But honestly im glad germany is accepting them. I guess the us could handle a lot more but honestly, we are so much farther away.

• Yeah but you can't blame them for trying

• i blame the EU for letting them in freely, ilegaly..

• Really you should blame Islamic state for forcing them to flee

• thats truth, also countries which ruined lybia killed kadaffi who was a dictator but during his reign people disnt flee, have education and health care.. now its anarchy there so through lybia run also nigerians and other Africans to Europe...

• I can understand you point, like you said they are running away from a war and searching for peace. then your 2nd question is good question (why they did not they stop in first peace county?) actually they have done a research before they even reached Europe there are many people before them who told them good reviews about Germany that is the reason they are bumping into certain countries.

why alll wanna live only in western countries? weird no?
    because it's only western countries who accept refugees. majority of Asians will not do that.

• india offered help too...

• India is one of world's most populous countries, also the quality of life is not as good as Germany's so i think that is why they chose germany over india.

• I can see what you wanna say, but if you'd have to leave your country because of war, would you try to get asylum in a wealthy country where you have a chance to find a job and give your kids a decent future, or would you choose a poor country which barely can take of their own people and therefore are not willing to spend much money on refugees? I think the answer to this should be obvious.

The current EU laws are also quite unfair when it comes to distributing them. They have to ask for asylum in the first country they are registered, which is usually Hungary, Greece or Italy. Hungary is quite poor and Greece is completely broke and unstable. They could never handle all the refugees.

• why Europe should save them all? what about neighbouring rich countries? dubai? qatar> saudi? even religion is the same.. and they can live in love and peace and harmony... and those countries have lot og wealth...

• of course, but the rich Arabic countries you mentioned don't let them in (I read an article about it yesterday), so that's not the refugees fault. Saudi Arabia has quite a lot of Syrian guest-workers but they made it a lot harder for them now.

I live in one of smallest, but also wealthiest European countries and I think we could take many more than we actually have. And if I see that much bigger countries than mine took less refugees... then I don't think that we can't handle the current situation. distribute them fairly and it will be fine. but ONLY those who really need it, like the ones from syria. there are also thousands of people from the safe Balkan countries trying to get asylum in Germany. Send them back as quickly as possible.

• i agree... balkans should be sent back and poorest from syria should be accepted.. we are people and we should help each other. but also not let speculants lie and get things free here.

• U realise Serbia and hungary kicked them out

• they would never stay in serbia... their only dreamland is germany and germany and germany... they dont wanna be in poor or average country

• Yes I understand u and I am a little but with u in this the problem is they didn't fight for their country it's either they die for their country or they dint worth to be Syrians srry buy that's the egyptian concept of home country

• They think Germany is a paradise... they are so wrong..

• that smuglers told them that. they took over 2000 e from them and telling them fairy tales about luxrious life in western Europe... when they found out that they also have to get up in the morning to get to work and work long hours to pay rent and food and kids schools they will start protest. people who never lived in Europe think we have everything free. hahahahhahaha... as u said.. soooo wrong.

• My big fear is that they fall in the crime life and began radicalize... and again organized groups ...

• exactly.. its other culture, other people, i doubt they wwanna live european life and adjust to our standarts...

• Because of isis i think, those who are saying they're escaping because of the government "system" they are lying. . from the opposition side, i think there's a big mess happening over there. ... they're getting used a lot... it's a fucking game..
    Well i think it's ideal because of the pluralistic system also the freedom of expression "kind of culture", also the less terrorism activities, and the most important the economical dimension that actually Europe now is standing on them, from the marketing side, transportations and industrial fields also... but with the big numbers that now we observe there should be big responsibilities. .. at the end it depends on the individual it self, from the immegrants side and the citizens side, both are responsible to what the future is going to be like, also Europe should understand that one day these immegrants will get back to their home...

• It's mainly due to propaganda

• Firstly, Refugees and Migrants are very different. Secondly, whether you're running from war or your moving to make a good life better, wouldn't you want to strive for the best places for you and you family? Thirdly, Hungary isn't exactly the most welcoming country when it comes to Refugees and Migrants, to say the least.

So, no I don't think it's weird at all, to be honest.

• well hungary just followed the rules... refugees must be registered at the first peaceful country they enter... so they were. thats it...

• Please don't judge my entire population by the actions of a minority. The majority of the UK welcome refugees and migrants and wants to offer their support. And as for me being in the minority in my Country - please don't draw your own conclusions and make up statistics that are based on nothing more than your own personal ignorance and misunderstandings. I am far from the minority.

Anybody who makes a comment like "done its job for the immigrants..." clearly lacks the compassion and empathy I was talking about. I think this conversations might be done now.

• u said your opinion i said mine and thats a democracy, i am sorry if you feel insulted or disappointed but we all should learn to listen and respect the opinion u dont agree with as well. there could be a long discussion what emphaty or compassion is... but as u said before its useless. have a nice evening

• I don't know none of its my problem

• Did you here a billionaire is gonna buy them there own island

• While there are some economic migrants mixed in, the majority are fleeing war. They would not have left Syria (or Darfur, or eritrea) if it was not engulfed in war.

Why do they want to reach Germany or somewhere similar? Because they are clearly unwelcome in places like hungary, and on top of that most don't want a social benefit, they want a job. And they want a country with a good system for accepting refugees, not one where they will be stuck in a camp for years.

Most economic migrants are also not coming for 'handouts', though they are happy to receive them, just like the rest of us. They come hoping for opportunity, for a place their kids can go to school and strive to get ahead. They don't risk their lives for welfare, they risk their lives dreaming of a place where their children could become a doctor or lawyer if they work hard.

• well can't agree, hungary did its job and followed all rules. refugees should be put in camp first to be registered and then all papers must be put together.. hugarian people were not happy about black passangers running through their country crossing borders illegally , making mess not obeying police.. it was kind of crime, no? do u think if i crossed borders in USA illegally they would welcome me with red carpet? or with sweets... everywhere in the world i would be put in prison... only Europe, hungary or other european states should be open for everything?

• ... declare in italy or greece or hungary, they have to deal with that government, which while being perhaps just as ethically kind and sound as germany, is simply financially and institutionally less prepared to cope with the refugee volumes they currently have. Meanwhile, once they declare in hungary, if they then try to apply as a refugee in say Canada (where I live) our government here says 'you're not in any danger you're in hungary) where if they'd directly applied as a refugee from syria they might have been approved (had they not been killed while waiting to here back).

As I said, the current rules and processes are not able to cope with the current crisis, so... we're trying to rewrite on the fly which requires in some cases trans-national agreement which seems to be unacceptably slow.

• yeap... well written... thanks for the opinion

• Obviously, they think they will have a higher standard of living in the West. Many of them probably wanted to do this for quite a while... but now have no choice.

• there is high life style also in quatar, dubai, saudi, and its full of muslim , so the culture is the same as in syria... dont understand why these countries dont accept regugees from syria, why EU should be the one welcoming them..

• That's a great question!

What Girls Said 6

• so sad. i know we're taking some in. 12,000 i think the number was. dont hold me to it.

i hate what our world is coming too.

• Because Germany is the only European country that will allow them to apply for asylum and welcome them. Serbian nor Hungary or any other European country does not allow this. They can only be legal in Germany.

• I see... but german prime minister said man of them will have to return... no asylum for a lot of them... so.. it will be hard

• If that is so, it is unfortunate. But that is why they are going for Germany in particular. There are already about 4 million around the Arabian pen. (almost 2 million in Turkey alone)..

• Yeah, that's why they're economic migrants and not refugees.

• It's the closest destination by Foot, they don't have money for a flight to get to Canada or USA.

• Since germany is welcoming them, they think they'll be living a great life there.
    What i have noticed is that a lot of them have many small children. Syria is in turmoil since 2011 which means that all children below the age of 3 were conceived after the war broke out. If those people actually had a little bit of brain they wouldn't have been procreating like bunnies in such troubled days.
    Germany is overwhelmed with the refugees. It's only a matter of time till people realize this. Most of these refugees are from lower classes with no to little education. Germany never managed to integrate the turks and arabs who have been living there for decades. This will only worsen the situation. And the refugees will surely change the society for the worse. Now every single not german person will be mistaken for a refugee and they will be looked down on...

• i thought that too...