If someone told you they were a criminal would you date them or even marry them?

So you meet say the man of your dreams the perfect guy in everyway and you connect your deeply for them, but then you find out they have a dark secret. They are or were a criminal would you still date or marry them or would you think twice even if they changed, but you were worried what would happen if you did. So does love mean more and would you risk it or would you walk? Like bonnie and clyde etc

Most Helpful Guy

• depends on their crime. do they smoke marijuana, jaywalk, take down political signs? those are crimes but I'd be ok with that

do they murder? not ok with that

most likely I'm not going to date a criminal but it does depend on the crimes they commit

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I wouldn't. I have to set a standard for myself.
    I used to be welcoming and inviting to everyone , I found when I was with way I was taken down with these people destructive lives as well.
    Better safe than sorry

What Guys Said 1

• That would depend on the extent and severity of the crime (s) they committed.

• say 20 felonies or more

• so you wouldn't consider them as father material even if they changed

• Sorry, I meant to say 'potential dating material'. Even if they claim to have changed, it doesn't undo the serious crimes they have already committed. I could probably try to overlook misdemeanors, but certainly not felonies. And that too, TWENTY!

What Girls Said 2

• If it might somehow impact my life, I'd be outta there.

• We shouldn't judge; we all have our secrets & have done things we're not proud of. If you love them, why nott? If they are still caught up in whatever caused them to have a rap sheet, then you have to decide if it's worth being a part of their life.