What would you do if you caught this CAT scratching your furniture?

As you can see, he's really tearing it up. What do you do?

Most Helpful Girl

• My cat tries to do this. Not as badly as that.
    I have the problem my cat is enormous. Scratching posts are too small and light for him - he is either too tall for them or too strong. Hence why he opts to scratch at the sofa or stretch on the sofa.

I shout at him. I growl his name and I grab his paws and his tummy and push him back. Now if I shout he knows he's been naughty. It's less common now.

Like with any animal show disapline without being abusive

• My cat also uses the curtains to climb and scratch - again takes his height and weight

• One thing you could try that has helped me massively while verbally training is spraying the furniture with citrus spray. You can get it on amazon. Cats hate anything citrus so if you spray it on the desired furniture they will leave it alone

Most Helpful Guy

• I'd yell at it. I'd say "HEY!!! WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING?" I'd be ready to kick it's ass literally.

What Girls Said 6

• My cats do this stuff all the time. I just clap my hands, call their names and walk towards them. It usually gets them to stop.

• Well, sometimes cats can deceive you with their cutness. :P

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=z2OUF9auEzY

• Honestly, I'd call for someone else to handle it, since I'm scared of cats. 🙈

• Kitty is going in a time out.

• I would cuddle him.

• SO FLUFFYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY SOOOOOOO CUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTEEEEEEEEEEEE <3

What Guys Said 5