Are venomous snakes poisonous?

Look guys sorry for my ignorance but please stop the insults. I never too geography in school so honestly didn't know.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes in most cases they are

Most Helpful Guy

• LMAO no they aren't.

• You can always ask one.

What Girls Said 3

• That question kinda answers itself lol ☺️

• Lol, duhhh

• Any type of animal that injects a toxin into your body is venomous. If you touch or ingest a toxin from a plant or animal and become sick then it is poisonous. Snakes that inject toxins from fangs and the two species of Helodermatid lizards are venomous while plants, amphibians, and fungi (mushrooms) are all poisonous.

• What she said.

• I was going to clarify that but you beat me to the punch. You seem to know an awful lot about the subject?

• Not all this is true. Moniter lizards are now classified to have venom along with new species of frog. And the idea that poison is from touch all the time is not true due to animals like lion fish who are venemous.

What Guys Said 6

• LOL... Funny.

• Last I checked, I believe so yes.

• Venomous = injected from animal
    Poisonous = not bite

• No only non-venomous snakes are poisonous. That's why they're called non-venomous, so you'll know that you can kiss them on their pretty little faces. P. S. They especially like a little' tongue action" so they know you love them. ENJOY!

• Oh my God.

• venom is poison... however, not all venom is life-threatening.