Is it weird that I still sleep with teddy bears?

im a guy, aged 17 and i still love to sleep with my 2 teddy bears. i've had them for years so i guess they are sentimental to me.
Please comment what you think

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I know some people who don't like to hug other people, but even they like to hug teddy bears. It's like, your custom, perfect hug every single time.

Haha, voted B.

Most Helpful Guy

• Confession time! Even I have soft toys I'm sentimental about. I don't feel like sleeping with them as much but there is an urge to see them once or twice a day. If I have a really bad day, I talk to them (and in turn look like a maniac from 3rd person perspective :P ).

• i don't talk to them. but they pretty much live on my bed so i guess i sleep with them

• Yeah talking to them is my thing.
      Sometimes I wonder after I get married, how'd my wife react to this behaviour of mine? XD

• she would probably find it cute but weird at the same time. like you would rather talk to the bear instead of her

What Girls Said 8

• I'm 21 and still sleep with a teddy bear too. I don't think it's that weird. When guys come over I do hide it though.

• It's uncommon, so many people will probably think it's weird, but if it makes you comfortable, then it's no big deal.

• i think that i am one of the few guys who do. oh well, i guess it is better to be different

• I'm 20 and I sometimes sleep with a huge teddy bear. Nothing wrong with it. Sometimes you need something to cuddle into to help you sleep.

• i do cuddle sometimes. but i do think of it as a person when i do

• nothing weird with it! teddy bears are so cuddly

• No that's not weird. I can see the appeal. I have cats so I don't need stuff animals 😄 sorta similar

• Nope it isn't.

• No. Pretty freaking adorable honestly. But not in a way that should make anyone like make fun of you or anything. I think I'm making sense xD

• i understand ya and thanks. i do have trouble putting thought into words sometimes too. but yeah, i don't exactly sleep 'with' them. they are just on my bed when i go to sleep. hehe

• what do you mean?

• i didn't get to sleep until like 2 AM. i don't sleep much

• there is no maybe option -.-

What Guys Said 8

• Well, some people will tell you that it is weird. Some people will tell you that you need to "be a man" and spend the rest of your life trying to be "cool" and "act hard" and live your whole life for the sole purpose of showing the world how "tough" you are.

Honestly, those people are dumb.

As long as it doesn't hurt you or anyone else, you should do what you want. If teddy bears make you happy, so be it. It's actually very refreshing to see someone who is not another macho-man idiot. It's nice to see someone holding on to sweet things like that. It shows you have a heart and that you aren't letting the world turn you bitter and jaded. Hopefully you can find a girl who understands :)

• I'm not saying get rid of the stuffed animals. I understand your feelings of sentimentality completely - I'm almost 30 but still love to collect toy cars and other vehicles, as well as LEGOs and action figures (Star Wars and Transformers, mostly).

One thing I will say though is, if you enjoy stuffed animals, why not get a real animal? Pets can be a lot of fun, and you get a living, breathing, feeling companion.

• No, I wasn't accusing you of downvoting me. I didn't think you would have.

Anyway, I'm glad you're happy with you. I hid my "dorky" side for a long time, because I didn't want the "cool" people to bully me. But now I feel like I should have just been my "dork" self the whole time, because it's who I was anyway and I would have been happier. That's what I'm saying. Hang on to your innocent side, like the teddy bears. You don't need other people's permission, if it makes you happy.

• yeah. the saddest thing is that i am a fairly bit popular in school now but i am one of the biggest nerds/dorks. i guess there are more geeky people in the world now then there was a few years ago

• Lol yeah. Your name is "Killer98" , u r 17 and u sleep with teddy bears xD. I mean dont take it offensively but "Killer" and teddy bears just dont match together...

• match each other *

• Wow thank you for not taking it offensively bcz i know that what i said was kind of harsh but i am really bad when it comes to things like this. I mean , i dont know how to say my opinion in a nice way.

• i understand, i tend to have the same problem sometimes. but i don't take offence easily. perk of having next to no self esteem when i was younger

• grow up... seriously

• like i said, sentimental. i'm not getting rid of them anytime soon

• so be it... its your choice, but your inability to let go, isn't healthy

• yeah, i'll get over them soon i think. i forget they are there most of the time

• It's cool man. They are fluffy and soft.
    But may be a problem when you get a girl or a guy in bed, no space for everyone.

• thanks, when it comes to getting a girl in bed, the bears can move to the computer chair

• *Tell him no* Of course not.

• lol, feel free to express how you feel about it. i don't get offended easily

• U R CRUSHING AND YET YOU SLEEP WITH YOUR TEDDY BEARS?

CHEATER!

• When I was 14 I also had teddy bears, some girl gave me it. Before the next year I gave it to some other girl, the bear just reminded me of too many feelings so I had to let go and give it to someone else that could've liked it.

• that is cute in a way

• Do what's right to you

• they'll probably go in a box soon though. so i'll more than likely forget about them soon

• babyfaced and love teddy bears, teenage girls and gay guys will love you

• unfortunately not entirely true. i do believe gay guys would like me but the girls, i seem to have trouble on that