Where were you on 9/11?

Had to ask, I was in 6th grade in my "math" class. My teacher had a brother who worked at the same school, while we were working on our homework/classwork, he came in and whispered something into my teacher's ear and then turned on the television to see a plane had crashed into the World Trade Center.

I should be more specific, where were you when you found out the first plane hit?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think I was sleeping thanks to time zone differences

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in the cockpit of a second airplane barreling down...

What Girls Said 7

• 8th grade science class, the only time there was ever tvs allowed in lunch room, I also forgot my English book.

• Most likely sleeping, I was only 3 then, and time zone differences.

• I was hearing about the 9/11 incident after it happened. I had no idea it happened the day it happened as I was still a little girl.

• I was a little kid. Only like 3, so I don't really remember.

• School in eight grade, after the first attack they called all of are parents to pick us up

• Don't remember even hearing about it when it happened.

• At home, on the other side of the world

What Guys Said 17

• I was getting ready to board a flight heading overseas. Obviously it got canceled. 9/11 had huge ramifications on my work and world since.

• In a meeting at work. Some ass manager named Rob turned the TV off. I guess he thought he was more important. The city was evacuated except this Rob wouldn't let us go.

• I'm from the UK and when I was 3 years old so I never knew what was going on. My parents did tell me I was just crawling around the living room like any toddler while my parents were panicking in the house struggling to call my aunt as she was in New York City on that day.

My aunt eventually came home safely, but I still think of the hundreds of lives that were lost on that horrible day.

• Upstairs chatting on IRC (I hadn't gone back to university yet) when my mother called me into the living to see the news. As we watched, the second plane hit.

• Playing poker online

• to be honest, i've forgotten, people need to move on.

• I mean, I was just curious were people were...

• whether you want to admit it or not, Western Society changed on that day and those ramifications are still not over. Geopolitics is not always over after a year or two. Actions can sometimes have long term consequences. That was one of those actions. And it has caused many chain reactions since. (And those chains were happening before 9/11.)

• cool story bro...

• Aunt's house before school. Like so many young Aussie lads I was asking "Wtf, where's mah DBZ?" After a while of watching the news (because it was on every channel (all 3 of them)) I realised oh shit this is serious biz.

• I was in school. We were in class then the head teacher came in and broke the news I was 11 at the time so didn't really know what terrorism was but I knew what happened was bad.

• school. all the teacher were freaking out and us kids had no idea what was going on. and I think we might have been sent home early that day

• I think I was outside climbing a strong branch of the tree and doing pull ups on it lol.

• In ma toilet bizzy BOMBin' Pearl Harbor

• The exact moment? I was driving myself to high school (junior).

• I was in the living room when I first saw the news, not sure if it was that day or the day after.

• Is this question Inspired by my qeustion? I was in home or school I guess when I was 11y old

• I was 17 and I was at work. We saw what happened on a big tv screen of the house we were working at.

• I just came home from school when the news came

• On school I think