How can someone begin to build their credit?

Most Helpful Guy

• get a credit card and start using it and paying it off on time. home payments. car payments. any big type of payment plan will build your credit as long as you keep on it.

Most Helpful Girl

• Im just starting out with credit. I just pay it every month and dont miss a payment. DONT PAY IT OFF IN ONE MONTH! I was going to do it. If you do that it will show as the card not being used (or so my bank told me they won't really have anything to report to the credit company) Bottom line, pay your credit card on time and it will start to build up your credit.

What Guys Said 2

• first, you'll need a job.

then, probably the easiest way to start is to get a JC Penny credit card or something - they give those to pretty much anyone. Make somewhat regular purchases. If you want to build up credit as fast as possible, the best option is to keep your balance at about 20%, but you don't really need to go that far. It shouldn't be too long before you should be able to apply for a real credit card. Then, it's basically the same thing.

• Ummmm get a credit card with a low amount... start small... use it just when you have the money and then make sure you pay it off by the end of the month.

Best thing is only use it when you have the coin so you can easily make the payment.

What Girls Said 1

• get the bofA secured card. it's the only one I know of.