A question for people who are around 35 now and used internet on its early days?

Well I know internet xisted before mid-90s under another form…. but then it was when it became available in public….

so my question’s…. since u were once 15-16 and u used early chats like IRC about 2 decades ago…. how do u feel now communicatin wid other people aged 15-16 online? Did u xpect 2 decades ago dat one day u’ll be 35 and communicate wid other people yer then age?

Most Helpful Girl

• Initially I was excited then it became normal. I didn't think too far just thought I would still rely a lot on internet

Most Helpful Guy

• The whole social media thing has taking me by surprise - I remember common interest foruma starting up then it went into dating sites and international dating became popular. Forums developed on these sites across all ages and nationalities along with rise of social media. Nowadays there are a few social media sites where the possibility of any two people no matter who they are connecting as friends is viable. There are negatives but lets celebrate the positives for the moment.

• just out of curiosity... when did u start usin computers/internet?

seems like u have some xperience even before internet became available to da masses...

• i see... thought u'd own a computer since 80s tbh...

• Thanks for MHG

What Girls Said 2

• It must have sucked! I remember the internet back in the late 90s early 2000s. My job has not updated the computers since 2001 I believe. I think they need an upgrade :/

• it was cool... loved dis HTML background... black background wid colorful laters was awesome... now all we have's dis fuckin white...

• Honestly I don't recall anything like this 20 years ago.

What Guys Said 4

• I remember the invention of the internet. Hell, my first access to the internet was a little thing called WebTV. It was also my first monthly bill that I paid all on my own. :)

As for whether I'd think I'd communicate with young'ns as an older dude - naah. But, I don't really think of it like that. And hell, I like to talk about life with the younger crowd in hopes that I can keep someone from dealing with the crap I dealt with as a kid, but jeez. . . with FB, Twitter, and all the crap they have now - life is way different for a kid.

Hell, I remember Oregon Trail as a 'huge thing' on the old Apple computers. I also remember playing the Odyssey as my first console. Then the Atari, then the Nintendo.

Craziness.

• I did all my stuff face to face and as far as meeting people in the 90's and still today they have Phone dating service where singles can chat and meet in person women are free the men pay for it. They still have all that stuff

• The future of chat never crossed my mind back then. I didn't really speculate on what I would be doing at 35, at all, let alone over the internet.

• This seems like your typical "you are 35 and have no life?" question. I'm not 35 yet and do have a life. But I feel like that's your motive. If not then I would like to know why this topic interests you?

• never said dat bro...