How do you usually get rid of a headache?

I don't get headaches a lot, so I never really worry about it. But it would seem crying isn't a good way to keep them away. :p

SO what do you do? Keep in mind I can't swallow pills, so medicine is out of the question.

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I read this trick somewhere years ago and it usually works for me.
    I lie down and relax. Close my eyes and imagine i am on the beach and the sun is shining very intensely. My hands are getting warmer and warmer from the sunshine. They are really soaking up the heat. And while i am lying there the waves gently go through my hair and cool my head. After a few minutes of imagining that scenario my hands really do get warmer and the headache will become a lot better.
    Another method i read about was altermating hot and cold showers.

What Guys Said 17

• water and sleep, generally. Especially if it's a caffeine headache. Though, if you must, you could just drink more caffeine.. that tends to get rid of it, or rather postpone it.

But, yeah. A steady sleep schedule, 8 hours per night, and a cup of water each hour.

• Water, coffee, and a wet towel on the back of my neck all help.

Maybe a bath might help you relax a bit.

• Try to relax, a deep breathing technique of deep inhales and slow exhales.

Drink some water, maybe you're dehydrated, that can cause headaches.

Stretch your body, get your blood flowing at an optimal rate.

Try massaging the back of your head.

• just lay down and watch Netflix with maybe some comfort food.

• I've been getting them chronically for a long time. Normally I try to help it with caffeine, greasy food, or saying fuck it and going to bed.

• The last time I had a headache is so long ago I can't even remember. I never get them pretty much. If I did get a bad one though I would just take some medication. What is your water intake like, if you don't drink enough you can get headaches? But don't drink too much either as that is also bad.

• Don't take medicine to stop headaches, and don't cry either :P

Try to think how it FEELS without having a headache, try to FEEL that feeling in the place where you have a headache. You will start to feel more relaxed.
    The mind is your greatest weapon, you can control your body with it, also headaches.

You can also take a shower, or drink enough water, get some fresh food (fruit perhaps), if you prefer that.

Hope I helped :)

• Not all medicines have to be swallowed as pills.
    Aspirin can be dissolved in water, so there's no pill to swallow. Some brands of Aspirine (like Alka Seltzer) even add sodium bicarbonate to it, to make it fizzle, and you drink it like a soda.
    Otherwise : bed and dark room.
    If it's a REAL migraine (with impaired sight thus) you'll need some prescription drug.

At least one has not to be swallowed : you just put it under your tongue where it dissolves and gets absorbed.

• All headaches w/ the exception of migraines stem from dehydration. Resulting in pressure on your brain due to swelling.

drink more water w/ your diuretics (alcohol, caffiene, adderrall, etc.)

• The darker your urine, the more dehydrated you are. Many many people i know of don't drink enough water, myself included. 3 liters a day.

• Pulling ur hair in the exact spot where the pain is may help relieve the headache.

• I take some Tylenol and it eventually goes away

• I usually just take a nap.

• I normally get headaches when I'm too sleepy. Then sleeping always solves the problem.

• Most headaches stem from lack of hydration. So when I do I always start drinking water. They usually go away soon. I never take any form of medication ever.

• drink more water (helps quite often) and walk a little bit on the fresh air. Else I just lie on my bed and try to sleep or watch tv. if it's really bad then I take something against it.

• caffeine, ibuprofen or both

• Someone massaging your head really helps

What Girls Said 8

• Crying will make headaches worse! Not better!

I always just take pain killers but I see you can't so you can try chamomile or cinnamon tea. I know both of them are supposed to help. Green tea would also be a good option.

A relaxing bath might also help.

• When I get headaches, I take a cool shower and lie down. If I'm not sleepy, I'll watch something light on TV like a sitcom or anything that does not have violence, fast-paced drama, things like that, be it shows or movies; like, I'm trying to be calm. :P

• take a nap... or green tea can help too. i think

• It's probably stress or hormones, a lot of females get headaches because of both, so try and relax more, if you have a big headache try a nice hot bath with some nice bubble bath and bath salts.

• If you have peppermint oil or extract you can put some on your temples and the back of your neck. A cool rag on the forehead can work too.

• Medicine is out? Uh cold wash cloth (either wet it with cold water or wrap it around ice cubes) and put it on your forehead in a dark, cool room. Proceed to nap.

• Drink water
    Sleep

• I eat almonds because I read that 10-12 almonds are equivalent to 2 aspirins for a headache.