Do you think ''God'' had something to do with this?

So, Today is the memorial of the September 11th 2001 Attacks (yes we all know)

And, Also TODAY, September 11th, 2015, A Crane fell on the Grand Mosque in Mecca killing over 107+ people.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3231117/At-62-people-dead-crane-collapses-Grand-Mosque-Mecca.html
Do you think this was almost ''religious karma'' or just sheer coincodence?

(By the way, Just to put it out there, I think both 9/11 and the current situation in Mecca are both awful, So dont think im being passive aggressive here or insulting or anything, I have nothing against either religion)

• Yes, I think a form of 'Almighty Karma' had something to do with this
  • No, It was just sheer coincodence it happened on the 9/11 memorial date.

Most Helpful Girl

• Who is this "God" you speak of?

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 6

• not all muslims are bad dont generalize all muslims based on the actions of their radicals

here come the downvotes

• Its pretty funny how almost all of the wars on earth currently taking place, Are being fought between Muslims in Muslim countries... dont you think?

• Since when has Muslim become a nationality? Aren't there muslim's that live in America? Gahhhh!

• @Silverware

Where did i once say Muslims were a nationality?

• Coincidence.

• Coincidence.

• No because God is not real

• Did you see this chart:

1987: 402 people killed and almost 650 wounded in clashes between Iranian pilgrims and Saudi authorites
    1989: Two bombs kill one pilgrim and injure 16 others.
    1990: 1,426 pilgrims killed in a stampede in an overcrowded pedestrian tunnel
    1994: 270 pilgrims killed during a stampede at a stoning ritual
    1997: More than 340 people killed and 1,500 injured when fire rips through a tented city
    1998: 180 pilgrims trampled to death after several people fell off an overpass
    2001: 35 people killed in a stampede
    2004: Approximately 250 people were killed during a stampede at a stoning ceremony
    2006: At least 350 pilgrims killed following a stampede at a stoning ceremony

It sounds more like the Grand Mosque may not have adequate infrastructure and crowd control to handle the number of visitors and/or all weather conditions.

To answer your question, no I do not believe that God would seek revenge for a terror attack done by some violent individuals by killing random victims who were in prayer/religious pilgrimage.

Christianity does not condone vengefulness, by the way. Jesus said:
    “You have heard that it was said, ‘AN EYE FOR AN EYE, AND A TOOTH FOR A TOOTH.’ But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also."

and
    “You have heard that it was said, ‘YOU SHALL LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR and hate your enemy.’ But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, so that you may be sons of your Father who is in heaven; for He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous."

Besides, America has a multitude of different religions and non religious citizens and I'm sure the victims of 911 were diverse in beliefs.

• You realize that it was a conspiracy and Islam didn't order 9/11 to happen?

• "Jet fuel can't melt steel beams wake up sheeple blablabla"

We've heard them all already. The WTC was not blown up by controlled demolition.

What Guys Said 13

• Karma.

It doesn't work the way you think it does.
    Karma means that the bad you've done in your previous life will incur a sort of "debt" on your next life which must be paid - aka the "Karmic Debt".
    If you've done good in your previous life , that'll incur an interest on your next life which then you'll be rewarded.

You can't fault an entire religion to the action of a few.
    Anyway , Karma. In all likelihood , it doesn't exist and this is most likely just coincidence or... the actions of a few stakeholders.

• What kind of a fucked up god would punish people who had NOTHING TO DO with what happened in 2001, simply because they share the same religion? That's messed up. And I have to seriously question both the logic and moral compass of anything who could believe they are linked.

• it depend on the religion. i've heard of a few who worship satan.

• Actually a lot satanists are technically atheist. :P I've known a couple of them.
      Satan is often viewed as a symbolic deity, not a literal one, being seen as a rebel who dared to fight against tyranny. Satanism is, if I understand correctly, mostly about finding your own way and doing what's right for you and basically pointing the middle finger at authority figures that would try to rule your life in some way.

Certainly there are Satanists who believe in Satan as a literal god-type figure... Probably those are not people you'd ever want to meet. But most people who call themselves Satanists might be alright guys and ladies, tbh.

• This question entirely depends on your religion. For example in Islam. Negative things happen only because Allah wills it to happen. In Christianity case God doesn't cause such things. Rather he left mankind to it

• If there was a god than would've been a real dick move on his part. If there was a god him allowing it to happen is even worse. What kind of an asshole would sit idly by and allow bad things to happen to people knowing full well that he could stop them with no effort? So no, this was an unfortunate event and had nothing to do with god.

• he is not ruling the earth now... satan is. satan question god's rule. god is giving us a fighting chance. not pushing my religion on you, just my two cents

• that's all satan does is lie. he's on earth, now.

• @kiler1000 How do I hunt him down?

• First off, that is not what karma is actually all about when you look at where karma comes from. (which is Hinduism) And I don't believe in karma. So no, this is a coincidence.
    by the way, I am religious, I just don't believe in karma as the way people talk about it. Or the actual way karma works.

• no, just hatred. check this out: www.jw.org/.../#

• Sheer coincidence - Don't believe in God anyway.

• I don't know anyone called god.

• no, since god is supposedly a God of love.

• Lol hope not cuz that means gods a fuckface.

• Absolutely not.

• Karma's a bitch.

• You do realize Islam as a religion did not cause 9/11...
    It was certain individuals, terrorists.

That would be like saying Hiroshima and Nagasaki were caused by Christianity.
    Or Iraq also.

And yes both 9/11 and the crane accident are both horrific!

• not really, there are different groups that call themselves ''Christians''.

• @kiler1000 bush was Christian, he was incarge of invading Iraq. Does that mean Christianity killed all those people?