Did I get a recessive?

I recently turned 15 I'm 5'10 and my parents are 5'9 5'3 they're the shortest in their family. I have 6'8 and 6'2 dranpas short grandmothers and only one of my uncles is past 6'6(6'10). I'm taller than my whole family right now and I haven't even Hit a growth spurt. My familly are late bloomers. So did I kinda vet a recessive height gene like my cousin that has blue eyes but none of his parents or grandparent do.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's quite possible, though height is determined by polygenic genes, and so it's not just a factor of whether you have the dom or recessive gene

Most Helpful Guy

• Possibly certain traits could have skipped a generation. I have heard of it happening.

What Girls Said 1

• It could be. My ex-best friend's younger brother is about 1.4 feet taller than both of his parents and his older sister is about 1.5 feet shorter than him.

What Guys Said 1

• I suppose. It is a multiple phenotype gene meaning you need multiple of height genes over shortness genes to express it like you did.