Have you ever been in a car accident?

Most Helpful Guy

• No, but I almost was once. My brother was in one, and I think another brother was.

• ahhh... how many brothers do you have? lol

• Thanks for MHGO.

• no problemo :)

Most Helpful Girl

• I was hit by a car when I was 12 if that counts? The car came off worse than me haha; it's windscreen was smashed, I fractured my humerus bone and had a few bruises

• Ow. Im sorry about that :/

• Aw, thank-you :) . Don't worry, I was okay; it did hurt and was scary at the time, but I got a week off school and six weeks off PE which was good haha :)

Thank-you for MHO <3

What Guys Said 8

• Sure have. Was late for a very important college exam. (don't ask why longer story) Well I got stuck behind a very nice lexus which refused to do the speed limit kept doing 15 to 20mph under. and when passing lanes hit they would speed up...

Well I found my opprotunity to pass and I got the jump on them and I got passed them. Just in time to hit my breaks to do 40 aground a curve and turns out just rained on the other side so it was wet. Me not noticing I had 1 bald back tire started to fish tail. then I went off 12 feet into a corn field. tore up a good 40 yards of field and then parked the car back up on the road... I did 3 flips according to onlookers but I only had about $1200 of damage I had to put back into the vehicle to make it road worthy again.

Funny thing was, I wasn't scared. I was very calm as it all happened. All I could think about was how much this will cost me and I hope I live through this.

In any case the car I passed called the cops saying I was driving like a maniac doing 90 etc... anything they could say to make me look like a jerk. I only got a traffic ticket for failure to stay right.

The car was a 2005 Subaru Forester. It ran another 2 years after the accident and then I traded it in.

• dammn. what a story, thanks for sharing.
      And I've heard Subaru has amazing safety... guess that shows! Glad you weren't really hurt

• My dad had an accident once when he was driving with my mum and me in the car. A guy ran a red light and we were unable to stop in time. We crashed into the back left hand passenger door of a brand new car that was only about 1 year old or 2 years that the very most. A ute that was in the lane next to us crashed into the front left hand door of the car at the same time. This car that was pretty much brand new was so damaged.

• Oh man... was the guy okay too?

• Yes he was. He was the only person in the car we hit I think and it was the front left passenger door and back left passenger that was hit. As he was driving he was on the right side of the car.

• Yes, two of them, but they were more than ten years ago. I've had a couple of close calls since then though.

• Fortunately not.

• One as an infant, a lorry crashed into the back of our car on the motorway.
    Thankfully no one was seriously hurt.

• Yep. Two very minor fender bender crashes. I was at fault for both and was even sued $250,000 for one despite the fact there was no damage to either car. But ah well, you live and learn.

• uh oh, I hope that all got resolved without you having to pay that much?

• Still had to pay a lot. It was covered by insurance so at least that was good. Just gotta make sure you take a ton of photos and stuff at the scene. a dashcam isn't a bad idea either.

• yeah my parents just got a dash cam, i have no idea how it works aha

• Yeah, I once got hit by a car

• Yes, but it was only mild though it was because of the person who took a wrong reverse u-turn.

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, twice. When I was younger, someone rear ended my parents vehicle while I was sitting in the back. A couple of years ago I was in a head on collision, but it was minor. I had minor whiplash and bruising on my collar and chest. It was an elderly lady that swerved into my lane late at night.

• Ironically through the driving lesson, the instructor did something to rev it up, crashing into the gate. I had a brief moment of concussion. I tried to take it easy for the few days and I didn't tell anyone about it. Good thing to know my head can take a few noggins 😀

• Makes it stonger xD
      what a horrible instructor though

• Yeah and I still had to pay for the lesson! 😄
      Driving can be fun with an element of danger, if your driving make sure you go slow and your confidence will build up over time ☺️

• that's so twisted xD
      yeah i got my license too, but no story like yours!

• Yes, when I was 3.

• Nope, but have witnessed one.

• I've been in a few.