What is whatsapp?

I don't go to facebook every single day and I still have my old cell phone so I might be a bit behind technology. I don't plan on buying a smartphone until my cell truly stops working.

I'm not into wasting money every time something new comes up unless needed.

I created a profile on a dating site and all of them have asked me if I have WhatsApp, which I originally thought it was another online media or something, so I said no.

Most Helpful Guy

• - It was good text messenger
    - It is still good messenger
    - It was nice at first
    - Now it has become biggest source of spam
    - People have become addicted to forwarding shit messages
    - New place to do drama
    - Brings people closer and creates distance between people

• yeah reminds me of the same way I feel about Facebook. I don't use it every day and have grown to be sick of it. The only time where it's important it was regarding work and other important updates but nothing else. My mother has become a Facebook addicted and is always there wanting to knowing the daily gossips, why someone isn't putting ''I like it'' to her pictures and a bunch of your typical online drama.

• It is very useful. I used to love it. I was first user in all of my contacts. I recommended it to everyone. When people became addicted to it, it became worse. I'd recommend to use it :)

• You're welcome & thanks for MHO.

What Guys Said 11

• It's a data plan 'texting' app, so it's for smartphones, tablets etc, that enables you to chat rapidly (like instant messenger) or when you get around to it (like email) without needing to be signed in, or 'online,' and without giving out your phone number or going over on your sms or mms plan. It is most frequently used to:
    1 Chat with casual acquaintances, get to know strangers
    2 Keep in touch over seas etc
    3 Casually flirt and sext (send photos)

• It's an app that basically gives you the ability to call and text just like you do regularly, except only through wifi.

• oh ok. Yes, I do have wifi. Though not sure if I'll need it. I don't even have too many friends.

• The same for me. I only have it on my phone just for the sake of having it.

• wow I am happy Im not the only one who doesn't know what this is. Everyone asks me if I have it.

• It's a text messanger app I suppose

• as people have stated, its a messenger app. But i don't think you'll be able to get it on your current phone.

• Whatsapp is a messaging app basically, for phones. You can make free calls and send messages via internet connection.

• Most common text messenger

• Oh I see. Will get it when needed. I just don't see the point of just using it to text irrelevant things.

• An app through which you can text other people or even call other people these days (though that call service is pretty shitty) for free... it's popular as fuck and almost everyone I know is on it...

• I see. I don't even appear on Facebook everyday (growing fed up with it), not into constantly taking pictures and don't have too many friends. If I end up having it, my guess is I won't even use it that often and I'll be wondering ''ok now who do I call/text now and what for now''?

• so I guess I'll just end up having it for very little productive purposes.

• haha I thought like that too but eventually got into it, and it's pretty okay, I mean I hated paying for texting someone, so it can turn out to be pretty cost efficient. Facebook is trying to compete with it, by launching it's own Fb messenger but that app sucks balls. Believe me whatsapp can turn out to be quite productive especially if you want to stay connected with some close friends of yours...

• A very common text messenger in every person's pocket.
    You can send pic, videos, post n everything.
    Every smartphone has this one.
    More better than other messengers...
    Its freee

• Thanks. Yeah it looks cool but not sure what I'm would do with all that. I don't have too much of a social life, don't even like being on Facebook all the time, hate daily gossips or anything to do with the latest news and don't even take pictures every day. I'm not on a social media every day unless it's work related or something important.

• True but if it were someone like my mother, she would become an addict to it too just like she has become regarding Facebook. Many times, she's on Facebook for no good reason other than to keep using posting any picture for the sake of it, seeing who put '''I like'' on her picture and who didn't, wondering why they didn't, gossips and the latest news.

• You can install it from.. playstore or marketplace..
      You'll find it in your phone too.
      Search there...

• I have one, it basically lets you text and call for free using wifi

• WhatsApp is an instant messaging app for smartphones

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WhatsApp

What Girls Said 2

• Whatsapp is a instant messaging service most people use on their phones. In my country it has replaced normal texting because it is much cheaper. It is definitely not wasting money. I've had it for years and have never had to subscribe or pay anything other than normal data costs which stil works out cheaper.

• it's just a messaging app. u can use it internationally which is why i like it.

the app is also free. but yeah I'm not into upgrading every time something new comes out either.