My cumulative GPA is a 3.0/4.0... am I screwed?

I feel so scared that I may not have good prospects after undergrad.

Most Helpful Guy

• No you are not screwed. Educational GPA is only one metric for measuring success. It isn't even that accurate in the real world. I know people who barely passed college that now earn more than I do. Besides 10 years from now no one will care what your GPA was, but how talented you are in your field.

After graduation it is less about your education and what you know, and what you do with the knowledge.

What Guys Said 5

• I'd much rather hire someone who was active in school with average grades than someone who had great grades but didn't do anything during their time in college aside from trying to just get good grades.

• Its not the best but its definitely not bad at all. What is your major though? If you can, or if you already has, applicable experience is better then your GPA. So try for internships, career related research through your school, or career related jobs. People in your industry value that more than a piece of paper.

• No if it's 3.0 that's not bad. A lot of places don't focus too much on the actual grades themself. Try to intern or volunteer in the career field you'd like to pursue. Experience trumps literally everything else in a job resume.

• That's the low end for sure, but there's other factors. What's your major?

• No that's pretty good

What Girls Said 0