If you are in the process of losing weight, should you parents let you eat?

Lets just say, a person was in the process of losing weight and they hadn't eaten much throughout the day and they asked they're parents if they could eat, btu the parents said no. Keep in mind that this person is very hungry, and just wants to eat a decent meal, but is also in the process of losing weight.

• The parents should let her eat.
  • The parents shouldn't let her eat.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've been to this process before. In my case, I was the one who didn't wanna eat during the day. I only had breakfast, lunch and dinner, nothing else (that's what I still do). So, I think it's reasonable to let the person eat when it's time of one of those three meals, otherwise it shouldn't be allowed. Losing weight requires sacrifices... for life.

Most Helpful Girl

• Starving yourself won't help you lose weight. you still need to eat the meals, you just need to change what you eat. Less processed foods and sugar, more fruits and vegetables. If you don't eat your body will actually save more fat in your body because it thinks you are starving and don't have much food. So it saves fat to provide energy in an emergency. If you eat your meals still and eat enough food (Correct food) your body will have enough energy so it will have no use keeping any extra fat, therefore you can lose weight.

What Guys Said 4

• eat but cut the sugars and fatty foods and limit yourself to water. Unless you really want to loose weight which is just a liquid diet. which sucks cause you never truly feel full and lots of bathroom trips lol.

• I don't know your circumstances but generally speaking I'd say it sounds strange you wouldn't be allowed to eat. In any case, it's difficult to convince parents of what's best for you yourself. It's probably easier you try and get them to take you to a Doctor and have him explain the basics of nutrition, diet and losing weight to all three of you. Your parents are more likely to listen to him than you.

• First off it's not how much you eat, but what you eat. Vegetables should make the majority of your diet, meat being a far second. Look up Johnathan Bailors material. Really insightful stuff.

• People need to eat. Not eating is a stupid way to loose weight.

What Girls Said 4

• You have to eat to lose weight...

• losing weight doesn't mean starving yourself. of course they should let her eat!!! WTH?

• Yes, of course. Even when dieting you need to eat at least 1200 calories. Eat less than that and your metabolism just slows down and you don't lose much anyway.

• It would be kinda abusive to keep your child from eating, even if you are on a diet.