Why is there Still double standard when it comes to guys and girls?

Like at this point, why do parentsget mad at their daughters for having sex and ground them while congratulating boys when they do have sex? Like why is it normal for girls to be the ones with morals and not boys?

Most Helpful Guy

• If my mom found out I had sex (I haven't yet, but that's not the point) she would KILL me.

I know many guys who got a hounding from my old high school after their parents figured out they were having sex with their girlfriends. Girl or Guy, parents don't like the idea of their child being a father/mother at 17/18.

Also, this double standard is mostly continued by the scum of the Earth. I HATE being around the dudes who brag about how many "bitches" they're pulling at the moment. I don't think they're any cooler for sleeping with women easier than the sample questions on a EOG. I actually think they're shittier people for it. Oh, and because I don't do what they do I'm considered the "loser" for taking a more mature stance on serious things like sex.

But yes, the double standard still exists, but there's too sides of it. The whole "girl's shouldn't sleep around, but it's okay for guys" thing sucks. However, so does "guys shouldn't want something serious and are pathetic for wanting so" stereotypes.

• yep, I think it's a little rare for parents to only single out girls. they're either okay with it, or they're not.

Most Helpful Girl

• I know! When I was 20 years old, I had a guy friend visiting from another city (I lived with my parents) and my dad made him sleep in the basement. Fine. When my brother was the same age, he had his long distance girlfriend come visit (he also lived with our parents at the time) and I asked my dad, "so she's gonna sleep in the basement, right?" Silence. I said, "... She IS gonna have the same rules as [my friend] right?" My dad just said, "it's different." So she was allowed to sleep in the same bed as my brother.

What Guys Said 29

• Have you ever seen a parent congragulate their child for having sex?
    ... have you ever actually seen a parent ground a child for having sex?
    Were they the same parent?
    isn't it just an old stereotype which hasn't quite died yet?

As for other double standards.. the causes are wide and varied. Many come down to biological differences (which is naturally the cause for that old example you gave), others are the result of over compensating for old double standards (men who try to pick up women are scum, women picking up men are liberated is a perspective I've heard more than once), and some are just cultural trends which are really hard to change.

• First of all I hate double standards.

Sadly we have many of them because:

* People are used to them and keep that spirit alive just because they have been there for 1000's of years
    * Both genders see advantages in them in certain situation so wanna keep it like that (for example when a ship sinks it's women and children first. But with jobs it's sadly men who get the better positions.)
    * Many won't say it but double standard are often used by men to gain power over women (Guy slept with 100 women, what a guy!!! Girl sleeps with 3 men, what a slut!! Guy tells assertively a woman that he doesn't like her actions. Good, that put's her in a place. Girl tells a guy the same. What a bitch!!!)

Look at my first statement and then think about sex. Women can get pregnant but boys don't. 1000's of years ago there was no marriage. Men did not necessarily stay with women. So a woman could find herself being alone with a child. Even now the world has changed a lot still these old standards are still being applied.

• two reasons, most girls can get laid with little effort, why do the majority of men go to prostitutes and not the other way round (i. e women paying for it). It takes a tonne more effort for a man to seduce women than the other way round. Secondly and more importantly perhaps, if women have sex they can end up getting pregnant, which is a massive deal... A guy can empty his balls, do up his zipper and walk home.

So not only is there much more risk for a girl to get laid, there is less effort involved.
    Generally this extends to most things in life, the more effort needed, the more congratulation warrented, the bigger risk taken, the more its looked down upon unless its a serious long term choice

• Any girl can get lots of sex and get pregnant easily. And then she can end up on welfare, a single mother for the rest of her life. If a girl is smart, she'll only have sex once she has secured the commitment of a man. That's the main difference between a single mother on welfare and a happy wife/mother. Hence, we recognize that a girl who just sleeps around is an idiot.

And also by nature, most men do not naturally have the "alpha" to be attractive. Only a small percent. Much less, to be able to get girls to have casual sex. Hence, it is recognized that it takes skill and good genes to be able to get girls to have casual sex.

• Women get oretnsnt by having sex with men. It's nit the woman ending up in anything it's the woman and man having to take care if a baby. If the guy disappears the state has to kick in. This is a reason fir men to not sleep around as much as women. That is to say in your reasons men are not exempt

• so a guy being a father and not caring about his kid is fine? my family would disown a guy who did that.

• My parents would be equally as mad at me having sex as my sister. So it's not a double standard everywhere

• ... I don't see what "morals" have to do with having sex in this regard, unless you're claiming that if you have sex, then you are an immoral person, which is just clearly untrue. There is a difference between lacking morals and having different morals.

Anyways, it's because they're sexist.

• You guys just don't understand how true everything he said is, ill just say what he is saying again, Sex is far easier to get for women, this is because of simple reproductive fitness dynamics. As in a man can knock up 5 women in a day, but a women can only get knocked up once in 9 months, so you only need a small percentage of men to knock up all the women. This makes men more sexually driven and women more selective. A man will need
    a lot going for him to have the same potential sexual success as the average women. This is why male promiscuity is celebrated (because it's hard to do) while a women will just be considered a slut (because all she needs to do is open her legs). A man also doesn't know if a child is his while a women will always know, thus a promiscuous women is subconsciously seen as a risk that a man will waste his time and resources raising someone else's genes, it is a risk to male reproductive fitness.

• Ignore the first sentence, i copied and pasted this from what i wrote in some guys "my take"

• I don't have double standards. Sex can have more serious consequences for the girl (pregnancy) than to guy.

• What parents are congratulating their teenage son for having sex? Mine or parents of any guy I know would have flipped shit if they found out their teenage son had sex.

• realistically girls can have babies and get taken advantage of quite easy guys can't get pregnant and pretty much get to chose who they have sex with so basically guys are more carefree but its much more serious for girls is it right no but that's just the way it is

• As long as the female gets pregnant... unfortunately this double standard will be around for a long time. :-/

• Oh just fuck off already what have you ever done to deserve equal rights a dolphin knows how to use its intelligence better than a human woman all you ever do and got is by abusing your authority as a female to get favourable treatment who in his right mind would try to give you equality and love. huh?

• Wow clearly you don't have a mom since you have no respect for women. What have women done? For one, a women gave you life you ungrateful human being. And whose saying we even get much authority to abuse it? In no country is female dominated yet you still feel the need to put women fown

• Down*

• My parents would definitely not be congratulating me if you knew I was having sex. I highly doubt most parents would.

• I think there are still many double standards when it comes to girls and guys, not just the one you mentioned.

We're both getting reemed pretty hard tbh

• it is because parents are more protective of girls than boys

• Parents dont congratulate their sons for having sex, what world do you live in?

• Parents do not congratulate their boys for having sex. You've been listening to feminists.

• I've never heard of a parent congratulating their kid for getting sex.

• the elites want chaos.

if they didn't then we'd all be equal which we aren't.

• You already know girls get pregnant guys can't

• This is bullshit bc everyone knows he can get someone oretnsnt then that's his life child support custody he's a dad at 16.

• @Azara? oretnsnt?

• I am wondering the same thing, I bet it's from movies, tv shows, and friends.

• What @theguanaco said

Girls get pregnant and guys don't

• Because boys can't get pregnant at the age of 15 and ruin their life.

• those parents are fucked up.

• the both need to be raised equally.

• I don't agree with the double standard, but it exists because it's easier for girls to get laid.

• "Like why is it normal for girls to be the ones with morals and not boys?"

Well, I take offense to that. I have been bullied and shamed (yeah, I can use that word too) on the Internet and in real life since I was a teenager because I've never kissed or had sex. There is no double standard, you just choose to focus on a small facsimile of the world and then complain about it.. So do I, but when you claim there is a double standard, it angers me. I have never been involved in anything sexually or romantically, and yet apparently I'm some sort of scumbag for that.

This is why I'm tired of girls complaining about these "double standards", because they ignore the fact that guys like me could even exist. I could elaborate further on my situation but it's too upsetting. They either ignore I exist or insult me to justify their own complaining.

My Mom and Dad raised me to have some structure to my life, and I've been punished for it by my peers. That is the truth.

• Because women who get pregnant at young ages, don't know what they're doing

• Where as they guys who knock them up do?

• The guys at young ages, don't have to deal with being pregnant. They only have to provide money for the kid, if he so chooses

• Not if he chooses that's the law. And if guys parents don't give a shit about a girl getting knocked up then they are crazy which would explain why they don't care if their kid has sex. Stop trying to justify sexism it's embarrassing.

• i recently heard a VERY good argument about this, which makes a lot of sense to me!
    the difference is that guys have to work very hard to sleep around with lots of girls, that shit is like a second full time job! that shit deserves some props!
    girls, dont have to work at all. you just get to pick and choose, you'll just have to 'let it happen'. and dont even say 'we are in the gym, working on this body' that is bs, because even fat girls can get layed by just wanting it.

so yeah, the effort (for guys), or lack thereof (for girls), is why there will always be double standards!

• Because of the reason this man had written here.

• Very true hahaha

• I personally don't know any people who have double standards for their kids. if anyone got pregnant, guy or girl my family would lose it.

What Girls Said 13

• I do not see parents congratulating their male children for having sex. I would discipline both children the same way if they were adulterous and sexually corrupt.

• I think the major reason is the fact that a girl can get pregnant and she's more screwed since the guy can bail out while she'll be a single mother.

Still, I would teach both of the kids to be selective and not sleep around for the heck of it. I would not be happy about a guy that has tons of sex and gets several women pregnant. My mother's uncle got a couple women pregnant... he has children who he never even acknowledge and I no one thinks that's something to be proud of... it's not.

• My parents never congratulated my brother for having sex but we have more to lose if something happens.

• I know for a fact if my brother had sex at his age, there's no way in hell my parents are going to congratulate him. This doesn't go for all guys.

• they don't!!! or at least not all do. I know parents who are fine with their 12 year olds having makeouts, or they got their teens bc and condoms. my parents have never asked me about my sex life. I'd be shocked if they did.

• Eh blame society.

• I don't know any parents who would congratulate their sons for having sex o_O

• It's the way society is. They think girls should have morals and for guys it's okay but the world is changing so there's hope

• It's easier for a girl to get sex.

• That's just how society is.

• i honestly don't know the double standard of 2 girls kissing being 'hot' and 2 guys kissing being 'gay' really ticks me off lol.
    double standards are gross. they shouldn't exist.

• As long as there are genders and people, there will be double standards. It's not fair but that's just the way it is

• How do you know? What in history had ever been just the way it is from conception to present except when people try to justify sexism?

• "i recently heard a VERY good argument about this, which makes a lot of sense to me!

so yeah, the effort (for guys), or lack thereof (for girls), is why there will always be double standards!"

What bullshit

• You're the only girl who could understand this.

• It is bullshit. It's like saying it's alright to be a bank robber if a lot of planning and effort goes into it, but anyone can be bag snatcher so they're much worse.

• Bullshit.

I'll say it again. Stop trying to justify sexism it's embarrassing. You guys look so completely ridiculous. The world usnt going to wait around for people who insist on clinging to old ways that were never credible in the first place. Just move firward and stop trying to justify modern day bullshit with medieval bullshit.

And as far as it being easier. Yes this must be it that's why people will choose a person who is conventionally unattractive and overweight bc she / he has to try much harder to appear attractive than a person with a naturally good body and conventionally pretty face.

And peiple get hired based on how hard they work not on how well the results turn out. Boss do not like to hire anyone with a strong inclination towards the field they are applying for.

people who are naturally good at sports get called names for trying out for teams bc they don't have to work as hard as orople without the physical aptitude.

the difference is sexism. Not " ease"