Does this sound like OCD?

I need to touch corners and it really annoys me when I can't touch the actual corner because my fingernail is round. I sometimes have to get a needle to touch the actual corner haha. I also get really annoyed when an arrow is repainted on the road and it doesn't line up with the old fading one. Last thing is, if I turn around I need to turn around the other way to make it equal. I don't know why but I have to do these things or I feel like I'm gonna go crazy. Does this sound like OCD or something else or am I just weird? haha

Most Helpful Guy

• As someone else said only worry if it interferes with the normal running of your life - If it does think about talking to a doctor

Most Helpful Girl

• Well, for most psychological phenomena there is a scale through which psychologists determine if it is a disease or not.

For example, lets say Multiple Personalities Disorder. In fact, lots of not all of people have a slight tendency to have multiple personalities, but it is so trivial that it is not really considered a disorder since you can still describe their personalities in general and it doesn't interfer with their lives.

Same for OCD. For example, I have this tendency to keep everything neat and in order. If you look at my school books, they are very neat and organized. Sometimes, I would even repeat the whole paper if I feel my handwriting or anything is not as neat. This doesn't mean that it is a disorder because many people have this tendency to concentrate on something that many people might not concentrate on. As long as it doesn't reach a certain degree that it drag you way behind, then it is fine.

If you feel like you are curious then you should see where you fall in the OCD scale and then you will know if it is a disorder or not.

What Guys Said 2

• Yeah that sounds OCD to me lol. It's okay though. Plenty of people are OCD and you can still live a healthy life :). It's not the end of the world.

• That's hard core ocd

What Girls Said 1

• Checking OCD. Try to avoid touching things slowly if your having trouble stopping then go and see a gp if it's interfering with your life.