Do you take crap from people on the internet?

I know there are other people like me who never take crap from anyone in real life but if someone gives you crap on the internet, how do you respond?

Do you just let it go, since you can't really do anything to them or do you make do with owning them verbally when you can't physically?

Sometimes I give them a verbal beatdown but I always end up blocking them. Now I know what you"re thinking - "wow you block people, that aught to teach them! look at mr badass!" lol but serious, people usually like commenting on my questions, opinion and comments and just interecting with me in general. When I block them, they can no longer do that so blocking does work

Even when I ask questions as anon, people don't know it's me so they sometimes tell me stupid shit that they would never say if they knew who I was, then it's like ------> go to profile, "You have now blocked the user" :)

But yeah how do you handle people giving you crap on the internet?

Most Helpful Girl

• When it comes to GAG and trying to maintain a diplomatic and way about myself on here, dear, that has given me a good reputation and name for nearly two years, I try and fight back with Mostly a few guys who may try and be rude and crude in their own right when referring to religion and politics, which of course, is a sore subject. If they get too abusive and carried away, I do press a button on my own end because if I didn't, they would continue.
    It's the Internet and you and I and a slew of others are behind the computer curtain. But no matter Who it is, They must realize and We must as well, that we all have feelings.
    Good luck. xx

Most Helpful Guy

• I cannot be given "crap" in the first place
    it comes with understanding why the person
    was attempting in the first place.

I typically pity the person who feel so insecure about him/herself
    that he/she feels the need to attack other people.

Only one time in my life, have people tried to my face
    and that's a long time ago, back when I still attended school
    and they quickly noticed, that it was entirely pointless.

What Girls Said 10

• I take far less crap on the internet than I do in real life. In real life, I do stand up for myself when it becomes necessary, but I'm still cautious about it because I don't want to risk offending my friends or causing real life people to dislike me. But on the internet, I'm probably never going to meet any of these people in real life, so I don't have to worry about maintaining a reputation as a nice person nearly as much. So as a result, I basically refuse to take any shit online. I do make some effort to stay civil, at least to not result to plain old mudslinging and insults, but I do still get pretty damn aggressive at times, and I definitely do block people if I don't think they're worth my time. In fact, I actually do take some amount of pride in my reputation as an argumentative bitch.

• For it's the other way around. If people are dumb enough give me crap in real life then it shows they don't really care about their OWN reputation. I know the people matter to me wouldn't act like a prick to me without good reason so I have a very low tolerance for bullshit.

For what it's worth, I never saw you as a bitch.

• Yeah, that's true. I'm just somewhat shy in real life, like I don't even like drawing too much of any kind of attention to myself, let alone negative attention. Potentially something to do with gender and being taught to be a certain way, yada yada yada, but hey. In any case, I'm a whole lot less shy about what I say online than I am in real life.

Ha, thanks. But I'm well aware that plenty of people probably do, primarily because I'm pretty damn vocal on the internet and not afraid to call people on their shit. But as I said, I kind of take pride in that, since not being afraid to speak my mind (on the internet at least) is a trait I'm happy to have.

• nope.

but then again i've found that the best way to deal with it is to give them something they can't answer back to, or to remain silent altogether. always works.

another thing, like u mentioned is blocking. to people who r like 'i feel bad'... the feature is there for a reason. if u dont wanna use it, dont complain when people irritate the crap out of u lol.

• I think I take more crap off people online than in real life. What the fuck do I care if some idiot wants to start hating on me and being nasty, they don't know a thing about me so none of it ever rings true. A shit load of assumptions are almost always made, and how can I get upset or angry over an insult that just isn't true? I don't generally engage to the depth I would in person because there simply is no point... and I simply don't care enough about the random online person and what they think of me.

The only time I block is when a discussion starts to turn into a nasty name calling exercise. There's no merit in that so sometimes I will just shut things down, as I would for other people arguing on my questions. I usually unblock the person after its called down and th shut up.

• i sometimes respond with intense sarcasm or parody lol. but mostly i ignore them.

haven't blocked anyone in a while.

• When people TRY to own me on the internet I make them look stupid with facts THEN they block me HAHAHAHAHAHa

• I don't have time for that. As long as they're not harassing me, I couldn't care less. If they are, I just block them.

• I just ignore them.

• I just try to give them the benefit of the doubt and try to realize that that person might be going through a hard time. Does that mean that they should curse at you on the Internet, no. But I would say try to give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Internet is the Internet.

• why shouldn't you just block? makes sense to em.

What Guys Said 6

• I just banter along and try to outwit them.. Never lose sleep over it

• Eh, for the most part I don't care what people have to say over the Internet. Just a lot of dumbass thoughts people either won't say in real life or actually do.

• Usually I just remind internet atheists to keep hiding behind their keyboards because if they spewed this shit in real life they'd get punched in the face.

• Here or in real life I don't care 😂💁🏻 why would i care what someone else thinks about anything

• Well you wouldn't, as long as they kept it to themselves. But if they actually told you crap to your face, some people would definitely care

• Never
    ----

• On Internet Most times I'll let it go. Depends on how I feel