My new job is really sketchy?

My manager is unbelievably unprofessional and I don't know if I should quit. She dodged giving me an exact hourly, a co worker told me you have to track her down to get paid every week because she will avoid you. She said she doesn't "do taxes", AKA no taxes are taken out of my checks, so I will have to pay back all that money during tax-time. Also, my first day working, she let a trainee open the store, and me and him were both in training at an open store with no idea what to do and no supervisor or guidance.

I don't really feel safe with my money there and her unprofessionalism bugs me. I've only ever worked in corporate jobs and this is not a chain and a smaller business. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• File a complaint then file a lawsuit. I don't know what kind of job you have but if its labor, then the department of labor has the wage/hour division. The rules there are stricly enforced.

If she fails to do her job, especially keeping track of taxes (if its her job duty) then she has failed to follow government regulations. Therefor a government lawyer may be able to represent you in court.

The saying in this country "You can get away with murder but not tax evasion"

Most Helpful Girl

• Leave as soon as you can.

I've been in the same position. Not with money but with everything else they were unbelieveably unprofessional. I moved to another job and it's only slightly better - I'm looking to move on again.

The stress isn't worth it. Because of the first job I've been put on strong anti-depressants. Please don't end up like me.

What Guys Said 6

• If you feel uncomfortable time to start looking for another job. Stay put and ride it out and see what happens while you search but if you still feel uncomfortable leave.

• Oh my goodness!
    I would look out for another job and quit as soon as you're certain you have an alternative :D

• That really IS very sketchy.

• Call the IRS and report her business.

• I'd probably find new employment. That sounds like too much hassle for what it's worth.

• Try find a new job and quit that one

What Girls Said 1

• you should quit.