What sauce do you use in your spaghetti?

If you use homemade spaghetti sauce, please share the ingredients :)

• Bertolli
  • Ragu
  • Prego
  • Hunts
  • Great Value
  • Barilla
  • Classico

Most Helpful Guy

• I start with fresh tomatoes from the garden. Stew them, and remove the skins. Add a little (about half a cup or so) of sugar, a pich of salt and boil it down to a paste. Add oregano, basil, garlic olive oil, a little of the water from the pasta and simmer it, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and serve.

• Sounde deelish!!

• Thanks, easy peasy, just takes time. I love to cook, I'll also add in some red wine if I have a bottle handy.

• Thanks for MHO

Most Helpful Girl

• we mostly mostly classico, for store bought stuff, but my mum has been doing home made the last couple of years (and she's second generation Italian so it the real deal here),
    if you want to add more flavor to the sauce before severing it, saute finely chopped onions in the pot you will use for the sauce, and after they begin to golden up, add finely chopped peppers and grated carrots. adds lots of flavor and nutritional value.

if you want to have a go at making the sauce from scratch:

-get a bunch of roma tomatoes, however many you want to jar (i'm not sure how many tomatoes you need for one jar- my mom usually buys a bunch of baskets so we have enough for the year)
    - blanch them so you can remove the skin
    - put them through a grinder/ blender and then strain the skins/ seeds
    -put the pulp/ water mixture into a pot and let it boil down so it has a nice thick consistency,
    - if you want to to jar the sauce you need to get a REALLY big pot, and fill it with water, let it boil, and fill with empty jars to sanitize, let it sit for 45 minutes. do the same with the lids but for 15 minutes.
    -carefully remove them stand for a few min and place a fresh basil leaf or two inside, fill with sauce and sprinkle a layer of salt
    -put the lid back on and put back into the pot of water for another hour
    - allow them to fully cool down before opening. it should take about a day.

there are a lot of variables making this and i know it took my mom quite a bit of trial and error before she got the sauce just the way she likes it. i'm not 100% sure on the jarring portion, so you may want to double check that. it does take a lot of time and energy so make sure you clear a day to do go through the whole process.

What Guys Said 11

• I use prego but I doctor it up quite a bit. I add diced tomatoes mushrooms bell pepper oregano and garlic

• Lol I just ate some Spaghetti with Prego. We add bellpeppers and ground beef, but thats about it since the sauce already has peopers and diced tomatoes

• I forgot I add ground beef or Italian sausage. Yeah it has it in it but for me it isn't enough

• My uncle adds sausage to his. Boy is it yummy!!

• I make my own:

Plum tomatoes peeled and cut
    sundried tomatoes diced fine
    Italian seasoning
    minced garlic
    fresh basil chopped
    Any veggies that I have such as zucchini, onion, roasted red pepper (I normally do my veggies on the grill and then add)
    If it is the weekend I make my own noodles fresh, usually a whole wheat pasta

• I like it home made

• I usually pick Ragu

• I've given up Ragu for Prego lol

• Prego flavored with meat sauce crew checking in

• I make my own simple marinara sauce. :)

• I like Emeril's
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...a7-01a843988b69.v2.jpg
    Its reaaaaaaally good.

• Ragu or Prego

• Just prego lol fill

• My dad's special sauce :P There is no recipe, it's only in his mind.

• VSAUCE AHAHAHAHA

What Girls Said 12

• Prego but I have used Bartolli and it is very good.
    Ragu isn't on the top of my list and neither are many a No Name brand, very bland.
    Good luck. x

• ragu spaghetti sauce tomato garlic and onion
    i5.walmartimages.com/.../...6d-8e9bf77ceab7.v1.jpg

I also use ragu alfredo sauce
    static1.squarespace.com/.../?format=300w

• I make my own, it's very easy: Ingredients:

1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
    1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
    1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
    2 tablespoons sugar
    1⁄2 teaspoon basil
    1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
    1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
    1⁄2 teaspoon salt
    1 green bell pepper - diced
    1 red bell pepper - diced
    1/2 garlic - diced

Directions:

Throw it all in a sauce pan, stir, simmer, cover and continue to simmer for 20-30 minutes. Stir occasionally.

Season again to taste.

• I always make my own pasta sauce. Carbonara.

I just make white sauce then add mushrooms, bacon, seasonings, a little bit of fresh rosemary that i take out before serving, and cheseeee lotss and lottsss of cheese. I always use 3 kind of cheese for my sauce parmesan cheddar and mozzarella. Its really creamy and fattening just how i like it😜

• Sounds good but I prefer red sauce in mine haha

• A like a good red sauce, other times I like white sauce (carbonara) but with my red sauce.. It's a secret lol, but I add some red wine in it. That's all I'm going to say.

• I use prego , but also add stuff to it.

• We use primo or make our own

• I think I've heard of Primo. What do you put in your homemade?

• I think we use Ragu

• It's all the the tomatos.. also, the longer it simmers, the better the flavor is.

• I like Newman's Own. I also like homemade.

• I have used all the brands from your poll and Bertolli had the best flavor but I usually buy Prego because its cheaper.

• i use ragu.