Do you believe in destiny, fate and soulmate? why do you believe in them or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes I believe in soul mates. I think not everybody has a soulmate. Some people were meant to be together and others were meant to be alone. I know many people who are married and very happy together and could not have been as happy if they never met. While other people I know or knew about had other purposes. For example Alan Turing the inventor who cracked the enigma code during WWII might not have developed his genius if he was in a relationship. Other people I knew that died in Iraq saving other peoples lives might have not ever had a soulmate. I do think many people lose their soul mates through bad life decisions or they date the wrong person and miss the one they were supposed to have.

• Alan turing was gay, right? that time people are homophobic and he had to hide behind his marriage. And actually I think he was already genius whether he had relationship or not.

it's really sad to hear that others were meant to be alone. I don't think anyone deserved that...

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes I believe there is a sort of fate like a pathway but there are many different ways to get to the same outcome and I also believe in soul mates although they don't really need to be romantic soul mates (or even boy girl) it could be your best friend that has an amazing connection with you or your mom or aunt

What Guys Said 2

• I too believe non of those but I don't agree that we're trash. We're made for a purpose. We're made to do whats right to live a good life. And to enjoy.
    Well that's what I think. :)

• I believe in none of those. Humans aren't destined for anything, no one has a fate, and no one has a soulmate. Humans are meaningless trash, we would have no need for things like that. Life's not a movie.

What Girls Said 3

• I do believe that time is non-linear (we just perceive it that way). Make what you will of that (there's a lot of possibilities, e. g. destiny/fate is something that's predetermined because it has already happened, etc).

Soulmates? Nah, not really. Reason: the idea of a soulmate precludes the necessity of there being higher power (s) that created pairs of individuals of the same species and put them on the same planet together. They would have had to ensure that only one person was ever meant to get along with you 100%. This means they would have had to actively exclude that same set of traits in every other person EVER. No repeats. No exceptions. At some point, you will run out of permutations for creating new people.

There's also no guarantee that your soulmate is even someplace you'll EVER encounter them, or that they'll even have been born before you die (or vice versa). On a personal level, I just plain dislike the idea that there's only 1 way for a person to ever truly be happy. Say something messes up their chance at that one way, they'll have lost their chance to be happy forever. Example: What if your soulmate just so happens to be one of the 105 people that will die in the next 60 seconds while you're reading this response? What if they died in the previous 60 seconds? Does that mean you'll never be truly happy? Hell no.

• what about this opinion of soulmate from Eat Pray Love? But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that's holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake.

• As I said before, I don't believe in the concept of a soul mate. I do however believe in the concept of "lots of people I can make a good life with." Chemistry is a big part of that.

• I see... thanks for your opinion :D it's nice to hear new insights

• No because I don't believe in my sort of creator and I don't believe anything is pre determined

• so what do you believe in? just curious. it's great to hear some other insights

• I think certain energies are real, I think auras may be an actual thing (since apparently some people can see them) meditating has been proven to be good for you and it changes your brain activity (though that doesn't necessarily mean you're being 'enlightened' or whatever) I believe that willing yourself to be better really works, I can will away headaches and other pains most of the time. And I believe people need to be in a natural environment to be really healthy. It's been proven that people in hospitals with views of outside and trees or who have pictures of plants and nature often recover faster than those in rooms with blank walls and views of buildings.
      And I love that plants will grow better when you play music or talk to them. I don't know what that actually means but I like that everything does better when it's all connected...

• i dont think so.