Which one pair of glasses' frame should I buy? Cheap one or Expensive one?

I finally realised that I need them. I started to have problem in reading what's written. People ask something & I answer something. I need glasses in front of screen only so keep in mind that nobody is here at my home to see what I am wearing so, I think it's foolishness to buy expensive one right? But cheap... me... ?

It is about frame only which is for show-off. A cheap one would cost me about a pizza and an expensive one would cost me about a mid ranged android phone.

Thanks

• Cheap one
  • Expensive one

Most Helpful Girl

• I think it depends on what you need them for. Cheap ones may break more easily but if you're only going to use them at home and won't be wearing them very often, then I wouldn't spend too much money. If you think that you won't be wearing them for extended periods of time then I suppose the cheaper ones makes more sense.

Personally, I wear glasses also but I only need them to see long distances so that means I need them for driving and also when I'm at school so I can see the screen and what the professor is writing on the board. I opted for slightly more expensive ones because I carry them with me and I wanted ones that would be more durable.

So, it's all about what you need them for. Like I said, if you're only going to be wearing them at home and not carrying them around with you or wearing them a whole lot then I don't think you need very expensive ones. Just get what you like and whichever ones seem the most reasonable for you.

• Thanks!

I need them when I'm using my computer only :) So I guess cheap one would be a wiser choice?

• Yeah, I think so. No need to spend a lot of money if you only need them for the computer :)

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. First, since you aren't used to glasses / corrective lenses, buy something that is light weight - forget the brand for now
    2. I wear corrective lenses and I use the leading brands always (I've been wearing corrective lenses since 12)
    3. Once you are used to it, nothing beats those global brands cause they have stuff that are good in every way :)
    4. It's not about the cost but about satisfaction :)

What Girls Said 6

• I bought some less expensive frames once. They broke after a few months, and I had to replace them. I went ahead and bought some that were "expensive", but in the long run they saved me money since I didn't have to replace them for years. I actually still have them, I just need to update my prescription, but the frames are still really good!

So I guess you should look at it as: if you can afford it alright, get ones that are durable (so maybe cost a bit more). This way you don't have to keep spending money replacing them if something were to happen.

But then again, maybe nothing will happen, it's hard to say.

• I can get durable ones in mid range. Expensive ones are for showing off and branding only.
      I have just -0.25 myopia & I think I'll cure it. I will see what can I do.

Thanks a lot :)

• Yeah, I'd go for more durability than how cheap or expensive they are tbh. Mid range sounds good! Cheap can break, or leave marks on the side of your face or something. But if you aren't going to wear them often, super expensive wouldn't make much sense haha. Just good, durable frames would be my suggestion. :)

• Hell yeah! Optimization is the key.

• I personally think that depending on what you're using them for determines which ones you should get. I think that if you just need them for reading and are probably only going to be wearing them at home then just go with the cheaper ones. But if you need them for everyday use and will be wearing them more than 50% of the day and going out in them. I would suggest buying the more expensive ones.

• Glasses break a lot and fairly easily. If you get a cheap one, it's not such a disaster if you break it by accident.

• go for reasonably priced frames. Neither too cheap nor too expensive. Too expensive is pointless since noone will see you in them. Too cheap is wasted money because they 'll break easily

• The expensive glasses are more worth it. Usually they're nicer and have better quality.
    It wouldn't hurt to invest on something good, lol.

• Get the expensive one. Cheap one tends to break easily. Bought a cheap glasses 2 years ago it broke in just 4 months, then i got a dior cost me almost $500 its still in a really good condition now

• Did you consider the fact that we tend to handle expensive items with care as compared to cheap ones?

by the way thanks :)

• Nope not me lol. The first few weeks i got them i was really careful but after that meh

• LOL yeah :D When I bought a new phone I used to put it with care but now... xD

What Guys Said 3

• Maybe it's best to buy something that looks good just in case you do need them outside of home? You never know...

• No I don't need them outside of my house because I need them in front of screen only. 😇

• If it's just for screens & reading then go for cheap one. If you need them most of the time then go for expensive.

• go for the best looking on