What's your origin and is it easy to recognize where you are from just based on looks?

I think some people have certain features that make it easy to tell where he/she is from just based on looks.

0|0
8|13

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not quite easy to tell where I am from lol.

My dad is from Iraw and my mum is from the Netherlands. I was born here in the Netherlands, and I have very dark brown hair (almost black) and dark eyes :P My skin colour is slightly darker than most people here.

1|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• Yea, I am from a Latin American country so I guess people will recognize where I am from.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• Most of my ancestry is from Western Europe and most of my ancestors were in this country by 1700. so I look very American.

1|0
    0|0
  • People would probably only get it half right
    if they were to guess, since I'm mixed, but look
    more like one of them. ^.~

1|0
    0|0
  • My ancestors are European, came to Brazil in different centuries probably, but not with a huge gap. I don't think it's easy though.

1|0
    0|0
  • Fair skin and freckles gives away British ancestry.

1|0
    0|0
  • No, people from other areas think I am from Turkey or Middle East when I am from Pakistan. Furthermore our Ancestors came from Georgia two millenia ago.

1|0
    0|0
  • Born in Belgium. I look like any other Caucasian.

0|1
    0|0
  • Totally European white. I tan a lot for bodybuilding shows, people ask my ethnicity haha, laugh every time.

0|0
    0|0
  • No its not easy.

1|0
    0|0
  • My ancestry is native Canadian and Irish... I have brown eyes and darker complexion. So I have a little of both traits in me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Indian origin
    you be the judge? but I think most people do recognize me as one, unless they mistake me for an arab or muslim which can be quite annoying,
    I have also passed on as Latino sometimes

0|0
    0|0
  • I don't know about my looks, but you can definitely tell where i'm from by my nickname.

0|0
    0|0
  • 90% of people have no idea where I'm from! Some people think I'm white, others think I'm Italian, I've been asked if I'm Arabic... sometimes its annoying but its actually pretty cool when people can't tell my nationality. I'm actually South American :)

1|0
    0|0
    • Sweet! Yeah my classmates asked me if I'm Irish because of my dimples and because I am naturally ginger lol. Oh the stereotypes :D

What Girls Said 7

• You are right when you say that.
    Some people don't have strong features so it makes it hard to guess where they come from.
    For example:
    I can almost ALWAYS tell someone who is from Africa or Haiti by the way they look.
    I can also almost always tell when someone is Mexican, or an Italian.
    They usually have features that are very distinctive.
    In rare cases, someone looks opposite of someone from that country and I will not be able to tell first hand.

0|1
    0|0
    • And even if they don't look opposite they do not have those strong prominent features.

• I'm from a dutch/french descent and I do think it's somewhat easy to tell based off my lighter complexion.

0|0
    0|0
  • A few described me as 50/50?
    So I think it's hard to guess.
    You can guess by my attire.

Usually, people think I am Mexican, Egyptian, guineas (lol don't know how to spell) or from Sri Lanka.

But if I am wearing my traditional clothes, then they get it right.

0|0
    0|0
  • It's easy to recognize that I'm white. It's not that easy figuring out from what country I am.

0|0
    0|0
  • My ancestors came from the Uk to my knowledge which I would look it since i'm pretty pale and have freckles.

0|0
    0|0
  • When I saw your pic I thought you looked like someone from a Scandinavian country haha :) I don't know if you can tell by looking at my pic.. where do you think I'm from?

0|0
    0|0
    • Good guess then ;) Couldn't really tell otherwise than that you look european and maybe a bit French haha :)

• Haha okay :)

• I'm some kind of Hungarian-Romanian-Serbian mix, but I don't think I look like that. :))

0|0
    0|0