Do you think the breakdown of the European union is inevitable?

Do you think the breakdown of the European union is inevitable?

• Yes.
    14% (1)64% (7)44% (8)Vote
  • No.
    86% (6)36% (4)56% (10)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
2|5

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course it would. Too many language barriers. Not all nations are highly organised like the richer smaller european countries.

0|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• It may reform but I doubt it will ever break apart considering there's a rather big and huge nation to the east, already enroaching on European lands. But it is probable that it will regionalize. You could have a Mediterranean Union, A Western European Union, Central European Union, Easter, Northern, Balkans, etc. All of these Unions will be exclusive to the regional nations and they may work together in a Council of Union Nations or someshit like that. Not the same level of cooperating like it is now, but the next best thing.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 1

• It can't.
    The EU ad euro is what makes Europe competitive compared to other superpowers such as the U. S. or China
    If anything, in a few centuries from now it'll be more like the U. S.
    Possibly it might break down into smaller region, like a southern, union, eastern union and central union

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 4

• Yes. Eventually. Nothing lasts forever, especially not political bodies with so many different languagues and incorporating lots of people who frankly hate eachother.

Do I think the imminent breakdown of the EU is inevitable? No. If they pull their fingers out, sort out the pollicies which are causing the most strife, and actually do something about the big issues like immigration.

0|0
    0|0
  • If they don't cut their losses (Greece) then there is a very good chance that they don't survive as a unified organization. Not total collapse, but a gradual separation that results in the withdrawal of most of the countries involved. I mean right now only Germany and France are holding up the Euro. Without them it collapses. Greece's economic meltdown will drag the rest of Europe with it. Just at Spain, Portugal, etc. They aren't sustainable. If they drop the support of the Bank for Greece, then yes then can survive as a Union, but they can't afford to bail them out every other year without any signs of progress.

Give it 5 years, Germany doesn't want to go broke for a lost cause and Britain is more resilient then ever to go to the Euro. Without either of them, the Euro collapses. Those who get out could restart a new union among the "big powers" France, UK, Germany, Italy. But I don't think the EU as we know it today will last if they continue on their current trajectory.

0|0
    0|0
  • Well yes. Inevitably humanity will disappear and so will its institutions.

For the time being, unless the EU adapts to the circumstances, it will not live on with much legitimacy in the eyes of the peoples of Europe.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, absolutely. European countries are quite tribal and primitive in their thinking -- and they have little in common, certainly not enough to hold them together long-term. All their philosophical and PC bullshit is simply lipstick on a pig.

0|0
    0|0