Do you donate blood? Or did you do it at least once?

I personally do it regularly and if you're not afraid of it, I don't see why you shouldn't do it.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Girl

• I have several times. I actually enjoy it. :) I haven't done it in over a year, though, because I'm very anemic. Sometimes I take iron supplements for 2-3 weeks before my donation and I still don't meet the minimum requirement.

What Guys Said 21

• I can't infect anyone with my blood 😂

• Hahaha, that's so considerate of you! :D

• that is cray but awesome! :P im curious to try donating, I don't think it will hurt. also, I think im a universal donor lol 😂 why don't I know these things

• Maybe you are, but you won't know until you actually donate :D

• I donate every so often. I need to do it on a more regular basis though.

• I have done it yes. Do I do it now; nope. Real shallow answer too, I just hate needles. I have like an unhealthy phobia of them. I've put off surgeries and other medical procedures just because I didn't want the IV or whatever. Heck I was supposed to have my wisdom teeth pulled for the past 10-years and I just keep putting it off because I know they'll need to IV feed me to put me under for it. Ripping the teeth out doesn't bother me one bit; it's just the needle man.

• I am scared to donate blood! lol
    also, i feel like its unhealthy...
    call me crazy but i dont like the idea of other people having my blood in their body...
    is this bad lol! i feel bad :(

• I have before. In college when I was dirt poor, I donated plasma for cash

• Yeah, I do it myself. If i can help save a life, then why not.

• Did it like twice before and always wanted to do it more but my dad wouldn't let me. Now that I'm 18 I'll probably start doing it often when I can.

• I do whenever I get a chance I hate web they are "closed" or away. They say to get food water and sleep but I buy a six pack. Get a quicker I just donated buzz

• I've never donated blood. I don't like being injected with needles.

• I have donated a few times, and even donated plasma twice.

• I would do it if it weren't just scary and painful. If there was an easy way to donate blood, hell yeah, why not?

• I tried once but my blood pressure was too high, i'll try again though

• I donate regularly

• I was donating regularly but stopped at some point.

• I wanna do it but they don't let me cause I'm underweight

• I think it'd feel too weird or maybe hurt. There's a blood drive today and tomorrow at my uni but I don't think I'm gonna go.

• Nah. My older brother donated blood / plasma a lot... and now he looks like a drug addict when he wears short sleeves, the small scar tissue looking like he injects.

That, and you can't choose who your blood goes to. Maybe your blood goes to help save some poor sap who got t-boned by a drunk driver and would've bled out... maybe your blood goes to help save a thug who was getting into it with a rival gang.

• No but i wanna do...

• i dont because im still growing :P i need blood for the gym sometimes i have to stop when i squad or deadlift because the lack of blood in the head

• Good for you. I don't.

• I'm not allowed to do it because I've lived in England, so they are afraid I could have mad cow's disease

What Girls Said 10

• No. There have been instances where people would get infected with AIDS or Hepatitis and with my luck - I would most probably be one of those people.
    Medical professionals are still people. It happens.

• What would you do if you needed a blood transfusion, but there's not enough, because too many people thought they would get infected with HIV or Hepatitis while donating? 😯

• Lucky for me, not everyone is as paranoid as a child of a doctor. xD

• I haven't because I can't :( I'm anaemic so doctors wouldn't allow me to do it but I received a blood transfusion once and it probably saved my life so I'm really grateful to all the people who donate blood if they can.

• I've always wanted to but never been able to.. The first time I tried I was 17 and they had trouble finding a good vein in my arm and gave up saying they didn't have time, had to move on to next person. After that I turned 18 and got my first tattoo. They have laws here that you're not allowed to donate blood if you've been tattooed in the last year, and since I turned 18 I've been tattooed at least once a year, I have 11 tattoos. So I will someday, just haven't been able to yet.

• My friend has the same problem with finding a vein :/
      Your time will come :D

• I always try! But I have iron deficiency anemia so I can never actually donate.

• No... I want to, but I'm anemic :/

• I would like to but I don't wear enough

• Yes I've donated like 10 times.. I want to donate again, soon..

• I used to when I was in high school but not anymore :(

• last time i tried giving blood i found out i was anemic

• I've never donated blood before. I'd like to do it sometime.