How do I forgive myself?

How do I forgive myself?

See I won't go into too much detail because the entire story is really long but I think I should give you guys the general set up.

So I liked a girl and she was everything I liked, attractive, intelligent, and funny the whole thing. Well we started talking back in March and I got her number, we started talking and she seemed to really enjoy talking to me. Of course me being the dumbass I am I fucked it up several times. For example making her feel rejected by walking away in the middle of a conversation, not realizing it wasn't over. Then barely talking to her because of the awkwardness.

Of course in May I learned that she had liked me back but I did jackshit and just continued to do nothing. I've barely talked to her since early in the year and looking back now I just can't believe my own stupidity. I have nobody to blame but myself. Me basically fucking it up with the girl of my dreams. I still have to see her everyday but I know she doesn't care anymore and it just kills me inside. I don't know how to forgive myself for this mistake and just move on. Any help would be appreciated.

Most Helpful Girl

• did you do that because you were too shy or something? do you have some insecurities as a result of past failure relationships? or you just acted like that for now reason?, because i am too too shy and very insecure as a result of past betrayal, so i might do what you exactly mentioned,

• Yeah, I'm pretty shy in general around people unless I know them pretty well and when I like someone that awkwardness for me is amplified. Thing is she's not really a meek person like I am.

• @Suhmer Thing is I think the fact that I like her is pretty much already known to her. I haven't talked to her in a month and it was over text.

• if its been a month... she might start thinking you're not interested anymore too.

best advice i can give is, you can't sit around and just wait for things to happen, you have to initiate them. the simplest way to start talking to a girl, is to smile first. just whenever you see her, a quick smile. then a quick hi. then a hi, how you doing? keep it gradual... its simple then so its not scary!

Most Helpful Guy

• Dude you still have a chance

• I don't believe I do. See a few weeks ago me and my friends had made a pact to ask our crushes out (stupid but we all have zero confidence so we thought the pressure from others would be a good thing). But one friend leaked it the day after it was created to the girl I was interested in and one of her friends. Another friend told me how on the day it was leaked the girl I'm interested in and her friend confronted him and guessed several of whom was in the pact including me, I think I had made my interest obvious enough. He said she (the girl I'm interested in) said, "Oh God" in a why now sorta way. I mean her friend did say something a few days after that to me about "being more assertive", and looked at the girl I was interested in immediately after, as my teacher was giving me flak for not speaking loud enough but I doubt that meant anything.

• Dude you have a chance no matter what she says. Try hanging out with her more and be more into her. Better late than never.

What Girls Said 1

• Move on to the next girl! And this time you'll be even better because you'll know what not to do :P

• Or if you really really like her, sound mean but im pretty sure what most guys do, is practice with a girl you're not that interested in (so it won't effect your confidence), then when your confidence is better, go back to the original girl you really like. the more you talk to girls the easier itll get, and dont stress about it just have fun

• If it's of any help and you didn't see this comment of mine I'll just post it here.

"I don't believe I do. See a few weeks ago me and my friends had made a pact to ask our crushes out (stupid but we all have zero confidence so we thought the pressure from others would be a good thing). But one friend leaked it the day after it was created to the girl I was interested in and one of her friends. Another friend told me how on the day it was leaked the girl I'm interested in and her friend confronted him and guessed several of whom was in the pact including me, I think I had made my interest obvious enough. He said she (the girl I'm interested in) said, "Oh God" in a why now sorta way. I mean her friend did say something a few days after that to me about "being more assertive", and looked at the girl I was interested in immediately after, as my teacher was giving me flak for not speaking loud enough but I doubt that meant anything."

• I may do that, honestly I just wish that I hadn't messed up in the first place. I also don't know if she's interested in the slightest as I was sick a few days ago and she didn't inquire about it in the slightest, tons of others did but she didn't. She used to text me asking if I was alright and ask me if I was doing better afterwards but now...

What Guys Said 0