Emotional pain vs physical pain?

What do you think is worse? Emotional pain or physical pain? Obviously I know there are extremes in both but generally speaking, which is worse? Would you rather experience heartbreak or a broken leg?

Most Helpful Guy

• I've had kidney stones, major spinal surgery and a broken leg to name a few, and I would gladly take kidney stones again over mental pain, with physical pain it's temporary and you get stronger after experience extreme pain, but mental pain can cause years of torment and can break you, I've experienced both and trust me physical pain is nothing.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think emotional pain is generally worse. A broken leg, arm, or nose would be preferable over heartbreak or the death of someone close to me (like a family member or friend). Physical pain is usually only temporary, while emotional pain can linger for years and years, and destroy your state of mind.

(I'd probably choose heartbreak over losing a limb or developing some painful disability, though... Unless I literally thought the guy was my soulmate. I guess like with most things, my answer is "It depends," haha.)

What Guys Said 6

• In my experience, physical pain is definitely the lesser. There are things I'm still trying to get over emotionally after 2+ years.

• I'd rather take emotional pain than physical pain.

• physical
    I got kicked in the nuts indirectly once

• Physical pain is worse when you want to get sht done.

• Emotional pain.

• Emotional due to variations on how long lasting the pain results from.

What Girls Said 5

• Emotional pain is 10 times worse. Physical pain goes away and can be fixed majority of the time. Emotional doesn't go away so easily.

From time to time I get these really sharp pains in my sides, got stabbed in the wrist, had an IUD put in which is painful, pulled muscles that caused me to be in so much pain it hurt to breathe. I rather take all of that than be in emotional pain.

• i think both because whoever it is has to hurt you, one way by hitting you which can , in turn, hurt your feelings. he/she may tell you it's out of love, but no matter who it is, girl or boy, beating the crap out of someone for "love" is not the case. physical abuse causes emotional abuse.
    -speaking from experience-

• I've only felt physical pain, but I think emotional traumas take longer to heal.

• Emotional pain's a bitch, but what doesn't kill you makes you STRONG, this goes for physical as well

• Emotional pain is always worse.