Girls, have you ever felt like a guy placed you on a pedestal before?

And guys have you ever done that before? where you think a girl is just perfect almost?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• I've never actually thought a girl was perfect, no.

Perfect for me, though? Yeah, I've thought it.

What Girls Said 7

• Eh... no. I do my best to ruin the illusion of my perfection early on. They are well aware of my annoying idiosyncrasies pretty much from the get go.

People hide their crazy and let it out little by little so when you meet them they seem normal. When you meet me we're already in full on Alex insanity level 4. :D They know what they're getting right away. Nothing worthy of putting on a pedestal for sure.

• Yes. I was some sort of ideal to him, and for a time I felt so very special. But when everything went south I felt lied to, and confused. I would suggest people not elevating their lovers to a pedestal. It makes everything worse.

• my boyfriend thinks I am, even though I tell him he's sadly mistaken I've got plenty of flaws but if I'm his kind of perfect I'll go with that. .. I think he's perfect though too.. so we're even lol

• Yes. I'm afraid that he thinks so highly of me, I don't want to disappoint him in any sort of way 😢

• Yes, in a way. Some guys I knew were under the impression I was a normal, well-adjusted human being.

• No i dont think so

• Yes, I have.

What Guys Said 2

• Again, I really think that a lot of these problems people have with dating are a result of this one very fundamental condition: scarcity.

I wrote a whole myTake on it right here: www.girlsaskguys.com/.../a22231-scarcity-fundamental-setback-in-dating

Although, I didn't refer to this directly in the myTake, you should be understand why someone would "pedestalize" another as a result of scarcity.

• us guys have done this plenty of times.