If a person can't pay an emergency vet bill should they not be allowed to own a dog?

Most Helpful Guy

• Very harsh - Should a parent who can't cover expensive medical treatment not be allowed have children.

• If the child would end up dead or suffering then the parents shouldn't be allowed to have the child.

Most Helpful Girl

• yes i think so.

• Would you be able to own a dog? Are you capable of spending $1000+ at anytime in case of an emergency?

• you see, i say this from experience. i once had a puppy and im not gonna get too into it, but i had one of those "emergency situations" where he needed to go to a vet ASAP and i didn't have the money to take him. i had to give him away to a family that had been wanting him for a while, just so they could take him to the vet and he would be taken care of. its super heartbreaking having to go through something like that, both for the owner and the dog, so its better to just not have one if you won't be able to take care of them in all cases...

What Guys Said 4

• They shouldn't own a dog, no, but at the same time I'd be uncomfortable legislating that.

I just dropped three hundred bucks on my cat today, so I know how much fun vet bills are.

• No not really

• They should simply be denied service. Ain't nobody got time for free healthcare.

• I'm taling about a person not taking the dog to the vet because they can't afford it and possibly losing the dog.

• Should've thought about that before deciding to own a pet, the only person at fault here is the owner of the pet. Should they be allowed to own a pet? Obviously not.

• It's just a pet, let the stupid thing die if there isn't enough money.

What Girls Said 1

• They should be allowed to own a dog and honestly in my opinion vet's these days are charging too much for their services. I know its expensive to pay off their student debts and stuff, but honestly emergency vet bills shouldn't be that expensive.