You're in a building and it catches on fire... The fire is spreading rapidly and?

You're 31/2 stories up. You can't go down because the floors below you are already engulfed in flames and eventually they will be on the floor you're on . The fire is so out of control that the firemen can't get to anyone without the risk of dying themselves and they aren't sure if anyone's still inside. There's 2 windows and you have to decide which one to jump out if you want to survive. You try to yell out one of the windows , but no one hears you so there's no safety net if you jump, just a car that's positioned that if you jump out that window you'll go right through the windshield. . The second window is engulfed in flames and you have a silk and polyester on suit on. The fire is now on your floor and time's running out What do you do? There's nothing to protect you from the flames if you decide to jump out the window engulfed in flames and there's no fire extinguishers around either.

Most Helpful Girl

• So basically the choice people in the Twin Towers faced on 9/11?

I'd rather jump out the window than burn.

• Ohhh wait only 3 and a half stories? I thought it was more than that. I would take off the suit and go through the second window, which hopefully has some decent landing area.

Most Helpful Guy

• Most places have areas that fire won't go to and most people die from the smoke next to no one dies from actually being burned. So just find something to use as a mask douse it in water to saturate any smoke that goes near my face and hold the top of the mask open so I don't suffocate and smoke only rises so I think I'll be fine. Also just go to the window and put a sheet out so they know you're there. Also firefighters absolutely will go if they were too afraid to die they wouldn't have picked being a firefighter as a profession. They'd have a ladder at your window within a minute.

What Girls Said 2

• I would jump on the car (did you just randomly think this up?)

• i would jump.

What Guys Said 4

• Fuck it.
    I'll run through the flames and chance it. Yeah I might end up a severe burn victim but it's either that or death.
    I ain't taking the easy way out.

• Id go up to the roof and yell for a chopper
    "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

• Jump out the first window with an armchair and drop it as I fall to set off the airbags as I smash through the car windshield... a few bad cuts, maybe some broken bones, but I'm not toast...

• What if the car didn't have air bags?

• Then I wouldn't need the armchair, hence I would be jumping further and land on the roof of the vehicle instead, landing parkour-style and rolling to the ground like an urban ninja!

• I was a FF. Fire is the only thing that will make a sane person jump out of a 2nd or 3rd story window.
    Go to the roof we will do everything we can to save you.
    Throw things out the window by the car. We will notice that & climb up to you.