Do you have a scar story to tell?

We all have one or a few physical scars that we rack up over our lives either through sport, accident, injury, surgery, or perhaps even self inflicted. Do you have a scar story to share?

I have a couple scars, but there are two that are the most memorable. One is more of a collection of scars. You can see on both my elbows large patches of skin that were shredded off and now are patched over and several scrapes on both knees because when I was in elementary my dad told me not to wear my jacket about the waist b/c I might trip annnnd he was right. I was running along the concrete sidewalk, tripped on one of the jacket sleeves and ate it hard on the pavement. I tripped, bounced, and slid down the pavement scraping up everything along the way. Everything was bleeding and I had about 5 bandages by the time the nurse got done with me. The second is a cleaning injury. I had for some reason decided the best way to clean my room was to dump everything on the floor and start from scratch, so there I was in a piles and piles of junk and clothes and papers everywhere. I sat down to start tackling the storting of clothes and getting rid of old dry cleaning hangers when I stood up to hang something up, one of the old twisted hangers somehow caught me on the thigh and ripped straight down leaving me with a 3 inch long flat scar on my thigh. No more wire hangers EVER!

Most Helpful Guy

• I was in a boat out in the middle of the lake and there were some very large waves, 2 m plus.

Anyway, some of my equipment came loose at the front of the boat due to it slamming down hard from the waves.

I crawled up to secure it so I did not lose any of the expensive equipment, and we hit a very large wave, which literally through me into the front deck of the boat.

I was unconscious for a minute or so and woke up, secured the equipment and crawled back to the back of the boat. The whole time holding my head. When I pulled my hand away, the blood flowed down through both my eyes.

I took my shirt off and held it to the wound and waited to get to shore. Once I arrived on shore the bleeding would not stop, so I got out the first aid kit. The nearest doctors/emerg was five hours away by boat and car, so I ended up having someone hold a mirror while I sewed my own 3 inch gash shut. I could lift up the flap and see my skull bone. I put in five stiches myself and used ster-strips to seal it.

I finished off my days work on the island handling poisonous snakes, kept it clean and went to see the doctor the following day when I got back. He was impressed with my handy work. I virtually have no scar because of how well I stitched it and it was along the crease in my forehead.

Needless to say it was the most painful experience I have ever had!

• AHHHHHHH! You're like a different breed of super human. I don't know if I could literally be able to see my skull and handle an honest days work after that, but people are resilient and super human sometimes. Glad you're okay. Maybe you should be a surgeon!

• well in modern times, one doesn't usually do surgery on someone who hasn't at least to some degree been anesthetized except in unique cases like yours where there was no other option.

• Thanks for the MH... greatly appreciated :)

What Guys Said 7

• I have 3 injury scars

I have 1 on my forearm it's about half as long as my pinky finger it looks like a knife scar but I'm not sure how I got it.

I have 1 circular scar right beside my left eye I can't quite remember but I either got it from being punched or I got some boiling hot oil by my eye that scarred it.

And then I have a 3rd scar inside my mouth under the lip from a fighting match were the inside of my lip got cut.

I have a couple others on my body but I can't remember how I got them.

• I've just had an op to sort out some badly torn abs that didn't heal naturally in the correct way. No doubt I will be scarred for life, but even after only 3 1/2 weeks, it's looking good! I feel better than I've been for months!

• I had an operation when I was about 6 months old, the scar goes from the top left of me shoulder blade and goes down to the middle of my spine and wrapping up half way in the middle of my tummy ahha

• I have a pathetic scar on my wrist where a cat scratched me - Thats it.

• I do. But it's boring. :D

• In México we got a lot of storys to tell

Una cosa que ni te imaginas pero es como para sentarse a contarlas tranquilamente.

• Was 17 had a birth make remove and the doctor told me because of its placement I had to be very careful about lifting anything so I would have to stay of work so I diside if I couldn't work after school I should have some adventurous sex with my girlfriend ripped out all the stickes had to go back to the doctor after that I went to my grandparents house and one of tge kids almost feel down the stairs and ripped a few again so now I have a gaint scar on my back to remind me aperintally doctors do learn things in medical school

What Girls Said 3

• Way too many scar stories to tell. Mostly related to when I was in a really serious car accident just a few days into being 15 years old. Lost of surgeries, tubes and such. Resulting in scars on my hairline, just above my collar bone, ribs..

In addition to the more boring ones like a few on my shins/knees from drunken nights back in the day, a few bad wipe-outs while biking. Plus a small one from when I got my bellybutton pierced but it ended up rejecting.

• I have a small circle on my arm from a hot glue gun incident. I was gluing gems onto something and set the gun down then proceeded to set my arm on top of it

• those darned hot glue guns. I don't know a single person who has used one and not either gotten burned by the hot glue or the gun at some point. It's weird. The name says it all, but it still doesn't seem to provide enough warning!

• i have a small scar on my forehead because i was literally dropped on my head as a baby