Men age like wine, women like milk?

Lol. My first time hearing this was a year ago when I made a story in a group that was named "Where Are All The Good Men".

For those who need this explained, a woman made the group to say that there aren't attractive good men that she can find where she lives.

... A lot of bitter older men went onto my story with funny things to say. This was one of them. What do you think about the phrase?

(No judgment if you agree of course nor does it mean the opposite is true if you dont. *shrugs*)

• Really? Lmao. No.
  • Why ask when its clear its true?

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, i'm not sure if that saying applies to all women because i've encountered some 30+ year old women who look like models (age early 20s) but then that's not the case for all of them. There is some bias ex. most women tend to find men in their early 30s and older to be at their best stages but then when you hear of a woman turning 30 then it's not always viewed the same as a man. Overall, this can be applied to both men and women because i've seen some 30 something year old men that look like god did not bless them enough in terms of how they aged.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's really stupid. Guys get less and less attractive as they age too. They're delusional if they think otherwise.

What Guys Said 22

• Nope things like that are genetic. Some people age greatly other people go downhill real fast and hit rock bottom real hard in their mid 30s when they hit middle age. It happens to both guys and girls. The girl creating that forum sounds bitter herself (sorry but when I see questions like "where are all the good men?" I answer in my head "with all the good women and if you're having to ask this question it probably means you aren't one of them...") maybe she and that one guy who made that comment should date...

• Common sense, right? There are different points of attractiveness, but to assume one gender is inherently destined to look better when so many variables are taken in as well as the the fact that it's subjective is crazy. I think it's very sad how many people--I'm assuming--may have voted for what they really want to believe and not for what is true.

• I think maybe some people just see it as the fertility thing with womens odds going down as they go into their 30s whereas guys usually have the ability to impregnate women for around a decade longer. but anyone who's relying on that ability to not be sterile is dreaming if that's enough because there's plenty of other dudes out there that are also with a working sperm gun that are better than the dude relying on his ability to impregnate women and relying on that alone.

• I hope people know that not "all" wines age well, and even the ones that do "go bad" after 30+ years.

Plus, don't forget that yogurt was milk - once upon a time - milk that aged extremely well.

• it's very generalistic. I somehow attract older women... I have no fucking clue why, but I just seem to do this and question this age thing. I look at the men and there are very few old men who look good. I think men are men in their 30's and 40's max and then like everyone, it goes a bit downhill. But I do think men have a slightly better chance than women at an older age not because of looks, because of the age old personality thing. A brilliant quote I read: if one is only with a girl for her beauty, she will cease to exist when she grows old.

• HAHAHHAA I was told this one years ago! When men get older they blossom while when women get old they get rotten! I just laughed at it never really put too much stock into it. Every one is different in how they want their life to be or to go!

• I think men blossom cus when they age they mature but women already are early on also men's body an features change a lot while they young then they become real men an very attractive to women as they age. Women change a lot through pregnancy so their figures an boobs are not as great an yeah life ahaha

• I think a significant of both genders age well. I have heard analogy but don't think it holds true

• I would rather say "Minds age like wine. Bodies age like milk" -- for both men and women.

• Its an exaggeration but in general I do think men age better, but its close.

For guys, I think we can maintain our body attractiveness more easily than girls can. A lot of women's beauty has to do with fatty tissue: boobs/ butt. When they get older, those parts become less perky. Also there's cellulite.

Thats not to say that guys dont decline, or that we keep getting better the older we get, thats bullshit. I remember seeing a chart from okcupid data that said that female attractiveness peaks at 22, while male attractiveness peaks at 27. We both have a peak and then decline but its at different times and different rates.

The one thing that really fucks guys is male pattern baldness.

• ... Bahaha. Using OKcupid data.. Anyway, I don't know if the peak is that low for both genders. Perhaps 25-30 for women and like 30-40 for men.

I say a lower rate for women due to the fact that many women get botox starting in early 30s and that is what truly screws with most, I think.

Men can get cellulite too so I don't know why that was brought up. Then again, in my experience, there are more MILFS than DILFS. All of the older guys are average while the women that I see are beautiful. But it's a matter of opinion.

• Well I have one study, that's more than what you have. Regardless, I dont want to continue to argue this, there's no point. Agree to disagree.

• Yes. Considering the large number of 20-30 year old guys seeking that particular group of women on cougar dating sites for more than just sex. To say that they only want to fuck them is an insult to the many guys that I've met who genuinely want a relationship with a 40 plus year old woman. I'm not saying that the majority want to date them--it's stupid to make that assumption. But I do know that it's not only about fucking the woman with a lot of men. A lot of them want a relationship. And it's really easy--if the woman is attractive to the guy--for her to get into a relationship with him if that's what they both want.

Going back to the study, what was their protocol when they conducted the research? I hope they found ways to weed out bias or reasons as to why people limited their age ranges (beyond that of attraction) because that could actually have something to do with it too.

• It's not a secret that women reach their peak of physical attraction way earlier than guys and it declines at a faster rate.

Additionally the physical attractiveness for men is rated on different aspects than it is for women (by the opposite gender). Men find women attractive based almost solely on physical features and beauty - something which fades away with age. Women on the other hand have a lot of smaller factors coming into play which define a mans attractiveness.

That being said: A bad wine will stay a bad wine when aging.

• Men do not get MORE attractive as they continuosly age.

What makes someone wet/hard depends on the person. If its physical, women can be as critical as men. No woman wants to date Quasimodo that i can find. I do agree that women peak earlier and the rest of the comment though.

• I said that bad wine stays a bad wine - so Quasimodo will stay Quasimodo, no matter how much he aged.. Also I didn't say that men get better continously with age. Men still do reach their attractiveness peak A LOT later than women.

Still, there are a lot more things women are attracted to than just physical looks. There are tons of studies out there proving how a womans attraction towards a man significantly changes depending on his background (For example rich vs unemployed. Group leader vs Loner. etc). Men on the other hand do not care about that, but solely about looks to define their physical attraction towards a woman.

Or to put it blunt. A man doesn't care if a woman is poor as shit or a billionaire to find her physically attractive. A woman does. (exceptions prove the rule)

And due to this men do reach their attractiveness way later as it is not only physically based, but also requires a certain personality development.

• Note: I don't intent to say that women are gold-diggers iwth the care of a man being poor or rich. Much rather it is relevant what that says about the mans personality and thus is deemed attractive or unattractive.

• Men get just as ugly when they age so no it ain't true

• Maybe they mean kvass

• lololololol at the resulsts

• XD It is pretty funny.

• I know! Women vote for what they want to believe and men for what they see.

Hilarious.

No it's not. It's fucking sad if you ask me...

• It really is. That's what I was thinking, but you can't truly know unless if you're judging from your personal opinion which it seems like not many are.

• As a guy, and most guys can confirm,

Once a women hits her 30s she loses so much sexuao value in the eyes of men it's unbelievable.

The reverse doesn't work as much.

• I don't know if you can speak for most guys, but I would disagree especially since it's 1) subjective and 2) a generalization.

• Also, beauty dies within EVERYONE as they age. It's called the process of ageing... lol. I love how cowards hide behind the Anonymous banner and try to talk big when they don't show their face. :]

• 1) Okay not all, most. Some folks prefer fat women but I don't care, not my deal.

2) All that is needed? It's very needed but certainly not the only thing. I wouldn't be with the one I am now if it was only for her looks.

3) Very constructive

Yes it dies within everyone. But women are far more tolerant towards that then men. Women care far less about about a man's looks than the reverse. Think of it as a woman cares a lot (Generalizing and stereotyping here, sorry if it does not apply to you as much) about wealth of a man while a man doesn't care at all about that of a woman.
      (Please don't attack me for female attraction to wealth, I don't want to argue about that at all. Studies seem to back it, I sort of kind of believe it but maybe wrong, I don't care. It's just an attempted example)
      Makes sense?

Also anonymous banner? Meh. If I would post with my actual profile nothing would change since I have no personal information on there and my age is no factual anyways.

• Definitely not true.

• True. Clooney years here I come

• not true , i had seen several thirties female gagers here who look ten years younger ; p

• women are jelly...

maybe its that make up... that makes them look 60 by 30.

• ahahahaha the only people who disagree with that are the aged milk

• Or people with enough sense to know a generalization when they see one? Besides, one guy voted no :D

• Says the irrational non-thinking one who tends to generalize. Such a fool... lol. I feel very sorry that good men have to count illogical dolts like you among their number. Go ahead and have the last say, because you're both worthless. ^_^

• no comment. i'll just let that rabid temper tantrum marinate :)

• Lol, that's sort of true in terms of attractiveness but there's a limit.

• ... Why do people say it's true when it's a generalization and attraction is subjective.. lol? Due to the fact that individual tastes vary greatly and how much older men are targeted due to financial stability as well as the fact that genetics plays a part in how people age, I would have thought it would be obvious that to an individual it would depend on their experience as well as who they're attracted to.

There are so many variables to calculate into this that it is truly nonsensical to say that it is true unless if you're speaking from personal experience.

The question truly proves once again something I've already determined.. lol. Thanks. :D

• "Civilization never can obliterate the behavior gulf between the sexes. From age to age the mores change, but instinct never. Innate maternal affection will never permit emancipated woman to become man’s serious rival in industry. Forever each sex will remain supreme in its own domain, domains determined by biologic differentiation and by mental dissimilarity." - www.urantia.org/.../paper-84-marriage-and-family-life

I thank God for this book.

• Lol. I don't agree though I'm sure you guessed that...:D

• Wow at the heavily biased results. I think females have more to lose as they go older interms of sexual attractivness in general. Girls view guys attraction at a more of a personality level while guys view physical attractiveness as key. Older women get saggier tits, looser skin, loose ass ( in general) not attractive features. Guys get older and also experience the same shit. However, for both genders if you stay fit you should be fine in your sixties xD.

• A couple decades is ample ageing for a wine, half a century is ridiculous - women should bear that in mind.

• As the old saying goes, a woman is as old as she looks, and a guy is as old as he feels.

Whenever a woman asks me where all the good men have gone, I always tell her, "They're right where you left them -- in the Friend Zone."

• Not necessarily. A lot of them are there because they AREN'T good for us. No one should settle for what they don't want... lol.

Your "old" saying is so ridiculous as well due to the fact that it's not gender specific. It's a stereotype... lol. A 50 year old can feel like he's 25, but that won't make him more attractive to a lot of people and a woman can look 30 and really be 50. There's so many holes... lol.

Anyway, thanks for answering. :)

• @MysteriousChick93 LOL... I like you. You're going to be a great first wife for some lucky guy.

• I dont intend to be a first wife when i meet the one married for life

• Totally true.

Pit a man and a woman who both care for themselves and their appearance as they age, the guy maintains sexual appeal far longer. No contest.

What Girls Said 10

• I don't really think that's a gender thing tbh. I've seen men and women who age well and men and women who age bad to pretty equal parts so far - I think it is true that certain ethnic groups age better than others, though, but that doesn't have anything to do with the question..^^

• It's not.. lol. It's genetics. :D

• Yeah true but then I think the "age with grace" -genes are more common in certain ethnic groups than in others haha but of course lifestyle and diet also play an important role :)

• Lol all I will say black don't crack. Ahaha an well men age just like women more so heavy smokers or drinkers end up with saggy sullen faces. Some people look old for their age others look very young for their age. I myself have baby face I look 15/16 but I am 22 even got I'd checked for paracetamol how crazy. I guess it's to do with health an your genes how you end up looking but we all get old I guess

• women might (MIGHT) lose attractiveness sooner, but that doesn't mean that men don't. If women are milk than men should be something like I don't know orange juice.

(Have you seen young Leonardo DiCaprio? )

• I think it just depends my mom still looks like she's in her 30s while my dad looks... older xD lol but that's funny

• It can be the total opposite :) it depends on the person it has no relation with gender

• Lol @ the poll.

I think it really depends.

• Just means that guys (on average) prefer young women regardless of how old the guy is but women (on average) prefer men their own age. That's the OKCupid data I saw, anyway. Certainly true in my experience that the hottest men I meet (male pattern baldness and all) are the men who are my peers. What they think of me, who knows? The guys who are asking me out aren't going to tell me that they're settling for me 'cause the 22-year-olds they REALLY want won't give them the time of day anymore.

• not at all.

• If you consider extremely thin hair (or baldness), beer belly and wrinkles attractive, then sure.

• Ridiculous. Women are also beautiful with age

• Of course it is, but I think those guys wanted to feel better about themselves... being 30/40/50 and alone...