Are you good at hiding your sadness?

When sad are you good at hiding your emotions?

• Yes
  • No
As I age I am better with hiding my emotions. As one of the answerers addressed it is common for people to hurt you more when they know you are down. Smile to people and that smile can spread and help others in lonely times.

Most Helpful Girl

• I let superficial emotions become obvious, but actual personal feelings of depression, sadness and suicide I do not. I think I still struggle with depression but I pretend I don't. I pretend I'm all dandy when in actual fact I contemplate my worth and existence almost daily. I consider just giving up and checking out but its too selfish an act. I have incredibly complex and deep trains of thought, moments of introspection and mini epiphanies but on the surface... I'm just watching the t. v. I feel very alone with regards to deep, emotional connections and discussion. I feel adrift from humans.

I feel sad...

• My heart truly goes out to you. I am going through a rough patch and went through one for 15 or so years and know how you feel somewhat. Sorry :(

• Life seems superficial, not him. I feel as if I've sold out. I've betrayed my true nature, I never wanted to be in a relationship. Ever one I have been in I have been coerced into. It is not my natural desire to be someone's one and only, for them to be my one and only.

Sleep well :)

• I slept meh but thank you. Hope you are sleeping well.

Most Helpful Guy

• My straight face doesn't lie.. I mean it does cause I'll have a straight face staring off into space and my friends won't assume sadness cause I do it a lot and it could mean anything from straight bliss to depression. No one really knows if I'm going through anything unless I tell em which I almost never do so yeah..

• Stone cold skidder

• Ahhhhhh.. see what ya did there lol

• :P
      .,.,.,.,.,

What Girls Said 23

• Yes. I don't associate with people when I am sad. No one can see my sadness when no one's around!

• No way. I can never hide any kind of emotion. Even when I'm upset or angry at someone, I just can't pretend that I'm not. So it's pretty easy for anyone to figure out my mood lol. Which is a bad thing. That's what I hate the most about myself.

• Yes, too good at it that sometimes people think I'm emotionless. No one, not even my mum would know when I'm upset or sad. Either that, or people just don't care.

• Get happier life is short and you deserve it.

• Nah nothing much to be happy currently

• Me either but there are always better times.

• No. I wear my heart of my sleeve. You can easily tell what mood I'm in. I'm not good at hiding that stuff

• Gross. do you at least put a scarf over it?

• Yes. No one really knows when I'm upset or sad, even my parents. I usually keep a calm, cool exterior and then let it out when I'm alone.

• It depends on who I'm around, but I think I'm pretty good at hiding sadness if I want or feel the need to. I don't like putting my emotions on others.

• I bet there is at least one person you cry and freak out in front of right?

• Oh, I get it, for sure. There are just times where you need to cry, haha. Some periods in life are harder than others.

• They sure are. I have had some great moments and some real doozies.

• My pain usually turns to anger or vise versa, and trust me when I say, when the anger surfaces... the guilty party causing my distress will be the one in tears, not me

• *slowly backs away*

• Hate to break it to you but you might need to call for backup, depending on the severity of my pain, makes the difference in the outcome of yours... in other words, if you unleash the beast from within, you're liable to need the entire Justice League to save your ass... "You will bleed"

• Bleed? Meh no big deal. If you can pull that off 12 times a year and survive I can get by once no?

• Not really. I try so hard to hide it, but I can't. People can see right through me.

• You will be better with that in your later years. Right now practice. Showing all your cards has hurt you at times.

• Yes, it has. I might get a little better at it, but I don't think much. I'm just a very expressive person. I've hidden having depression for years (finally came out a couple years ago), but even when my sadness would still shine through. Like, if it was just me being sad about something stupid or whatever, the emotions would still play out on my face. I'm just not good at lying all that well.

• Try practicing manipulating your emotions instead of your emotions manipulating you. It's not easy but can be done. Your intellect is more than sufficient to succeed.

• Sadly yes. Whenever I feel bad I hid it well. If something terrible happens to me, I hid that too. I hid everything until I trust the person completely

• I'm the same unless I drink.

• No. But im hardly ever sad soo... lol

• Me too or at least I hide it well from myself as well.

• What's your secret to being hardly ever sad, Lioness?

• Either that or people don't care that I'm sad lmao

My mom has always said "i can tell when you're sick or upset because you're unusually quiet" which is probably why most people can't tell, because I'm already quiet to begin with.

• Oh shush (kidding kidding)

• No, I'm not. My face is kind of easy to read. People can tell easily when I'm upset/hurt.

• I'm 874 miles away and I can tell from here.

• @Daynada Really? Thank you

• You're very welcome

• No, not at all. I wear my heart on my sleeve.

• Are you glad for that or no?

• Oh, thank you very much. Very happy for the time being.

• Good news :)

• pretty good usually. i only cry in front of the person i'm sad about.

• That must cheer em up! :P

• Yup that's me... Some people tend to abuse your emotional state when they see ur in pain.

• Vote B = Never once.

My face is VERY easily read, so is my body language and attitude.

• Yea my smiles go a long ways

• I'm sometimes good at it.

• I can see your tears roll down my monitor. Not that good!

• Yes. I've been 'practicing' since I'm super young.

• And now that your're super old what do you have to say for yourself?

• Lol okay enough

• :)
      .,.,.,

• yap, my ex never used to care if i was sad or upset,,, i always use to say "its chilled" when im sad, or upset... because if i told him im sad or upset he would just say "oh" and then he got a friend who always use to hang out with us... and when i use to say "ts chilled" he never knew it wasn't really okay, but his friend did... turned out his friend had feelings for me

• Ended up with the friend?

• getting married to the friend next year April :D

• Please take your time and assess if he truly has accepted you for who you really are, you have accepted him for what he truly is and if you are ready to accept being with one partner who will please you, let you down, surprise you, disappoint you, show you their true self and more.

• i can blend in just like a needle in a hay stack if i want.

• Cool as the other side of the pillow.

• im great at it.

• Yes i put on a great facade...

• As do I. Thanks for the answer and hope life treats you better.

• Thanks same to you :)

What Guys Said 27

• You gotta hide them feeling of sadness bro and shove it where the sun don't shine. Keep shoving them emotion down until you're able to create a great fa├žade. Or simply put, drink until you're happy dude. This is probably the worst advise ever so yeah, take it to heart.

• I have been doing that ever since I lost all of my friends at 12. Weird thing is that I have never cried over the situation.

• Sorry and also not weird. We all react in much different ways.

• I was once told I wear my heart on my sleeve... but aside from that one person, I have gone years feeling depressed and miserable and everyone thinks I'm fine and happy and social.

• And in reality?

• Thanks. They are. I hope they do for you too. I want to retain my cynicism as a defense mechanism against the world and those in it who prey on naivete, however.

• Sounds reasonable to me too.

• Not at all. I'm really isolated or lost to conversations around me when im sad. I dont believe someone should hide it though. Everyone goes through sadness, just like all other emotions. And its probably one of the most important emotions for others being around to recognise it so they can help or support you. Just like you'd want others to share happiness with you rather than have it alone

• Wubba lubba dub dub!

• Aww big friggin hugz for u

• I just don't bring up what I'm sad about and focus on my work or the good in life. Sometimes my sadness shows through. Other times it doesn't. All depend on what happened

• Good attitude to have

• I think I am.

• I often can sense you crying from your keyboard but if you say so

• haha, I'm good at giving wrong impressions when I want either... I'm a spy xD

• Ahh too slick for me :P

• I'm not a super open person. So I'm pretty good at hiding it. If I don't want you to know then the chances are you won't know

• Are pandas good at hiding their emotions too?

• Well your anon so I have no idea who you are

• I bet you could guess the first time.

• Yeah i am good at that... people don't notice, unless i am with someone who is close to me and can understand me easier.

• I'm so good at it that even I don't notice.

• Yes I'm quite exceptional at this actually. Burying things deep down is my forte.

• if its something about love, i almost can't hide it. but if there's something else i will hide my sadness easily

• Big softie

• i think that your the big softie here since your asking this question

• You may be correct wise one you may be correct.

• now a days I am really frustrated but I am not showing people here I just smile my face and talk to people. but some online friend I talk about my frustrtion they are help ful for me

• Well it's probably good to have some way to vent. I hope you get and stay happy.

• don't know brother but thanks to give some hope

• Hope can be dangerous but keeps us human and keeps us motivated. Find your passion and find one you can love and be loyal to. Age is on your side.

• Not really. I kind of wear my heart on my sleeve. It comes across pretty easily.

• As I get older only the closest of friends know if I am feeling down. You may change a bit.

• Nope. Quite frankly I downright suck.

• It's both yes and no.
    In public I hide it and I'm always happy and etc. When I'm talking with people not face to face you know texting and etc. I don't hide it and just tell them how I'm feeling.

• Yeah, I think so. Even though I smile, I'm really hurting inside.

• I'd rather not make other people sad just because I am.

• Cheers and make the best of things and try to be grateful for whatever you have. It almost works for me all the time.

• Thanks. I try.

• Yes, I'm good at hiding my emotions.

• At 19 that is a good skill to have already

• “I love walking in the rain because no one can see me crying”

-Rowan Atkinson

• i've never ever been sad before.

• That is because of that perfectly creamy complexion. I would be enthralled on the daily.

• My friends can usually pick up on it when I'm feeling down.

• I'm THE BEST in this hiding emotions business 8)

• I do not get sad. It is a complete waste of time to mourn.

• I'm awesome at it dawg. I show it when I want people to see it.

• Show me show me!

• :( :( :( :( :( :(

• Hey good news at least. Remember the guy who fell into the upholstery machine? Well he is fully recovered so no need to be sad.

• I don't show my

• Pecker on a rainy day?

• I don't show my emotions much, whether it may be happiness, tension or sadness because I have people looking up to me to be their shoulder to cry on. Although I've never been one, I guess I give out an impression that I am hard core or something without much emotions. Somehow I think that's a good thing. Its natural for anyone to feel sad at times, but I find the need to keep myself calm, cause if I show weakness then who will they come up to when they are down? Somehow I like being the one they come to for strength, so I don't think it's wrong for me to hold back my emotions at times. It all happened when one of my close friends mother had passed away and she came to me express her feelings. That's when I kinda realised all this

• Good job being people's rock

• I get really loud I try to hide my sadness.

• Oh now wait here and shut the front door. Now there are two pandas and one gets loud while being sad?

• Oh no, I can't do that

• At all?

• yes, it just comes out sometimes

• Ouch does that affect your life in a good or bad way?